Axelar is the universal interoperability network connecting all blockchain ecosystems, applications, assets, and users. Axelar network consists of a protocol suite, tools, and APIs, designed to break down the barriers to cross-chain communication. Powered by a decentralized open network of validators; anyone can join the network, use it and build on it. The Axelar network makes cross-chain communication as simple as using http(s) protocols on the web. Platform developers can plug in their blockchains to other ecosystems, and application builders and users can leverage a simple protocol and API to access global liquidity and communicate with the entire ecosystem.
The Axelar team has deep roots in distributed systems, consensus, and cryptography. The venture has raised over $65M at a $1B valuation from leading backers such as Polychain, Dragonfly Capital, Rockaway Blockchain Fund, Coinbase, Binance X, DCVC, and others. It was founded by Sergey Gorbunov (Ph.D. MIT) and Georgios Vlachos (MSc MIT), who previously worked together on the founding team at Algorand.
Axelar Mainnet is live and supports cross-chain asset transfers between Ethereum, Polygon, Fantom, Avalanche, Terra and Moonbeam with more networks and assets added regularly. Axelar has developed a sample cross-chain asset transfer application called Satellite, which provides a simple, efficient user experience to transfer assets between chains.
Axelar is building the infrastructure to connect web3. Join us!
This is one of Axelar’s first marketing hires and will be a highly impactful role in the development of the organization’s marketing function. As a full-time, remote, Social Media Manager you will be responsible for the growth and engagement of Axelar’s community through its social channels. You will interact and co-market with other brands and partners, amplify company announcements, plan and execute short and long-term campaigns, and most importantly, encourage high quality engagement from the community. This role is for creative writers who are aware of both their audience and channel, can handle diverse content creation from pithy tweets, to compelling memes, to educational infographics, and others. You will work closely with the community team, marketing lead, designers and other members of the Axelar team.
Axelar is pre-launch. Come build something great with us.
Role & Responsibilities
- Own social media channels and corresponding performance KPIs at Axelar
- Develop and execute a consistent social media content calendar
- Engage with the community through interesting, educational, thought-provoking tweets that encourage discussion
- Create original content – text, visual (in collaboration with design), and video
- Reinforce and amplify the Axelar brand and messaging & positioning to the market
- Love to create content, strong personal drive, and high accountability
- Understand and can clearly articulate your approach to building a social media function
- Strong interest in blockchain, crypto, web3 and can converse on the topic
- 4+ years of experience in social media marketing for a technology company
- Strong twitter game on behalf of a tech company with a professional /confident voice with just a touch of humor
- Experience pulling, understanding, and acting on analytics to inform future decision making
- You are genuinely interested and curious about blockchain from technical, economic, and philosophical perspectives.
What’s In It For You
- Autonomous, distributed environment with the opportunity to work collaboratively in a diverse team across the world
- The scope to contribute to high impact work and really make a difference in a decentralized protocol
- Chance to really challenge yourself while becoming an expert on the nuances of web3 and developing blockchain ecosystems in the process
- Unlimited time off throughout the year to rest and recharge
- Competitive compensation with stock options, experiencing growth from the initial phase