Big Sky Health—creator of the world’s most popular fasting app Zero—is passionate about helping people live healthier, longer lives. Our digital experiences provide information, motivation, and accountability on your path toward wellness. We’re a small, mission-driven, Series A startup with an incredible team of scientific experts and investors. We are looking for thoughtful collaborators and strategic self-starters who are driven and care deeply to positively make an impact on the health and well-being of millions of people.
Big Sky Health is 100% remote, with team members working from their favourite desks in Los Angeles, Toronto, Lisbon, Nairobi, and yes, Big Sky, Montana. We offer competitive salary and benefits, unlimited time off, and a stipend for making your workspace work for you. We’re comfortable with and enthusiastic about working across time zones and hiring globally. While maintaining the flexibility to work from anywhere, we require all to have some overlapping hours with Mountain Time working hours.
About the role
Big Sky Health’s Social Media Manager will be responsible for growing and maintaining our thriving community of social media followers and millions of monthly active app users. This role will report to Big Sky Health’s Senior Manager of Social Media & Community. The individual in this role will enjoy a mix of direct fan engagement, internal process improvement, and insight sharing.
In this role, you will
- Nurture our online community and respond to all inbounds across social and online channels
- Facilitate conversations—both public-facing and via DM—with our users on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and other emerging platforms
- Partner with our science writers to ensure accuracy of replies to all health-related user questions
- Identify and share unique user stories that are surfaced on our digital channels
- Be a constant champion of innovation on behalf of our users/community
- Engage with influencers and keep a log of all brand advocates
- Maintain a repository of positive follower feedback related to key business categories
- Complete weekly and monthly analytics reports for digital channels including, but not limited to, social media channels and our brand’s blog
- Assist with content development and campaign ideas for Big Sky Health’s digital channels
- Alert team to trending issues related to our products and the broader topics of fasting, alcohol moderation, and meditation
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of experience managing online communities on behalf of a B2C brand
- Great judgment, and know when to ask for help versus running on your own
- A great written communicator—hello, phenomenal grammar skills!
- Someone able to master writing within the confines of a brand’s voice and tone
- Familiarity with social media management tools like SproutSocial
- Experience managing highly engaged online communities in the past
- Bonus points: prior experience with a digital health company
We’ve got big dreams, a wonderful team, strong traction and an exciting roadmap. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and identities. Bringing on new talent is an opportunity for us to enrich our company culture with brand new perspectives. Join us!