Bisnow is the largest producer of news and events within the commercial real estate industry across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland. Like any other industry, executives within CRE need to be informed and connected to do their jobs well. And in CRE, doing your job well means doing smarter deals and more of them.
To inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. We aspire to be the most data-driven and humanizing digital media, live events and intelligence platform in the galaxy — and through this effort, drive the industry to do smarter business. From events (now virtual) and news to branded content and video, our singular voice, attitude and perspective reach 18 million all-digital readers and more than 100,000 industry insiders who attend our 300+ Bisnow events/webinars each year. Operating in more than 50 cities across North America and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
At Bisnow, we believe the interview process is a two-way street. We ask that you interview us during this process as much as we plan to interview you. At Bisnow, we expect people to believe in our mission, our vision and our values. We don’t simply put these words on a wall. We hire, we fire, we promote, we demote, we bonus or don’t bonus, based on our mission, vision and values. So please, take them as seriously as we promise to take your application.
The Bisnow marketing team gets to drive results and touch every part of the business–from managing our brand presence to building messaging that resonates with our audiences to driving revenue opportunities and supporting new initiatives–Bisnow marketing focuses on impact. As a member of the team, you’ll get the chance to collaborate across teams on a daily basis, partnering with tech, production, event coordination, editorial, and sales to promote our products, build our brand, and connect the commercial real estate industry.
- Serve as audience engagement lead by analyzing user data & behaviour and work with the CMO to build strategies to increase engagement among desirable audiences
- Partnering with tech teams, build data dashboards & reporting that help develop marketing insights & drive strategy
- Using data, identify ways to segment users and build communication triggers to encourage increased engagement, drive readership, and increase revenue opportunities
- Examine and analyze user lifecycle, partnering with the marketing team at large, to establish stronger audience journey and build marketing programs
- Examine market and industry trends to identify business opportunities and strategic initiatives
- Serve as marketing lead for UK & Northeast regional events and initiatives. Build marketing programs including email communications, webpages, social posts, and digital ad messaging to drive ticket revenue and event participation
- Partner closely with production, tech, engineering, and design teams to build marketing programs & implement new initiatives
You should have
- Strong excel and analytical skills
- 5-6 years of marketing experience in a media, events or digital marketing role
- Experience building, optimizing and reporting on multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Ability to work independently and juggle multiple priorities, but the flexibility to pivot and respond to change
- Marketo experience a plus
- Comfortable with HTML editing or CMS software like WordPress
- Adobe suite a plus
What Are The Benefits?
- We have a competitive compensation structure that rewards those who win, well
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We’re also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds insane and that’s why we decided to offer unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all our employees
- You’ll get to work with smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period)
What Are the Drawbacks?
Most companies wouldn’t dream to include drawbacks on a job description – but we know we’re not perfect and don’t pretend to be. So here are the most common drawbacks voiced by people who did not find Bisnow to be a good fit.
- “Lack of structure.” – we’ve gone from a handful of entrepreneurs to a company with 100 employees relatively quickly and our management team are mostly in their thirties which means we don’t have decades of experience. We’re figuring things out as we go, so if you’re someone who needs structure in place, we’re probably not the place for you but if you consider yourself an entrepreneur and want to help figure things out with a smart team of like-minded go getters, this could be your dream career.
- “Chaotic at times, Bisnow should put proper policies in place.” – Mario Andretti once said that if things seem under control, you’re probably not going fast enough. We don’t encourage chaos but we do see a healthy amount of it as a result of exciting growth and we’re also not big fans of bureaucracy and find the more policies we implement the more bureaucratic things become.
“Long hours, not a lot of time off, unlimited vacation means no vacation.” – We encourage taking long vacations and time off and we truly believe that those sorts of trips can lead to more productivity when people come back and feel more inspired by new ideas. We do work long hours and for some people that’s not ideal. As entrepreneurs, we have to love what we do or else we wouldn’t be particularly good at it and when you love what you do, you don’t really separate work and play but rather integrate the two.