bit.io’s mission is to make data scientists and software engineers immediately productive, to remove obstacles to using data, and to make data more accessible. Join us in building a shareable cloud database where users can share their data with anyone in seconds just like a Google doc, query their data without worrying about compute or memory, and combine their data with a growing collection of immediately use-able open data. bit.io is transforming data in the same way GitHub transformed software and open source.
Critical toward achieving bit.io’s vision is a datastore that (1) scales to petabyte queries while still enabling fast query-iteration by users, and (2) applies data best practices while remaining flexible when opinionated defaults aren’t enough. You will run & improve bit.io’s production platform.
As an SRE at bit.io you will:
- Work across the stack on all aspects of the core product
- Collaborate directly with all teammates on a small, productive technology team
- Solve petabyte-scale problems in the data space
- Design, build, test and deploy a complex data management system
- Make broad, impactful technology decisions with responsibility for their outcomes
- Develop key SLOs for the production system and own delivering those SLOs
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Ran production systems that dealt with large amounts of structured data
- Experience and passion in data, data engineering, and data processing
- A strong drive to make software easy-to-use
The ideal SRE candidate will have:
- Expertise in Python
- Expertise in Kubernetes and associated technologies
- Ran and debugged microservices and container technologies
- A strong desire to constantly improve the iteration speed of the company as a whole through automation & systems engineering
bit.io is an early-stage, well-funded startup that’s remote-first. We’re outcome-oriented, scientific, curious, respectful, resilient, and inclusive. In addition to competitive salary, equity, bonus, and benefits (including top-tier insurance, generous new-parent leave, and unlimited PTO), we do two unique things: (1) in order to be inclusive and to counter systemic hiring inequities, salary and equity is transparent and not negotiated — every employee with the same role and level is paid exactly the same; and, (2) we have 4-day x 8-hour work weeks (i.e., no Fridays) — we value work-life balance and think you’re just as productive. If you’d like to learn more about what we’re building, how we work, and how your career would develop with us, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
bit.io is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.