Bright Cellars is now a Work from Anywhere company. This means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees, and the location of all roles is flexible.
Who We Are
Bright Cellars is the monthly wine subscription startup designed to help new wine drinkers discover and define their taste in wine! We curate wines from around the world with the goal of making wine fun, accessible and educational.
is to inspire and educate a new generation of wine lovers by delivering a transformative, personalized wine experience.
- We are obsessed with creating a member-centric wine journey.
- We value smart, sustainable growth.
- We are curious and humble learners.
- We cultivate a diverse, collaborative, and transparent workplace.
- We identify our challenges quickly and solve them thoughtfully.
- We hold each other accountable for success.
- We back our intuition and experience with data-driven insights.
- We love wine and work to share that love with our members.
How Bright Cellars Works
Our members join Bright Cellars by taking a 7 question-quiz to share their taste preferences. The Bright Points learning algorithm evaluates these preferences to determine the best wine matches for each member’s taste. Each month, members receive four or six unique bottles in the mail, which they are then able to rate and provide personalized feedback on their profile. Similar to Netflix’s collaborative filtering algorithm, Bright Cellars algorithm uses this feedback to improve members’ monthly matches going forward.
A Little About This Role
We’re looking for a talented and experienced Video Producer to join our growing Marketing team at Bright Cellars! As a Video Production Manager, you will be responsible for bringing our brand to life through creative and thoughtful editing for a wide range of marketing assets — site, app, social, and ads. In this role, you’ll work closely with the Marketing & Creative team to create compelling content with growth goals in mind.
What You’ll Do
- Create visually compelling content for all marketing channels, iterate on winning creative ideas, and optimize content for performance
- Support content goals for organic marketing channels by providing short-form video content for use on Instagram Reels, our blog, and YouTube
- Edit a variety of video footage and static imagery, animate motion graphics, source royalty-free music, and create brand assets that are engaging
- Manage the delegation of tasks to supporting freelance editors and designers
- Manage negotiations and partnerships with outside vendors/creative agencies, and communicate creative guidelines to ensure a consistent look and feel across assets
- Work closely with the digital marketing team to develop a deep understanding of performance metrics, consumer mindset, attitude, & behavior to inform strategic ad concept development
- Regularly provide status updates on assets in progress to internal partners and teams via Asana. Project manage all video shoots ensuring they are done on time and on budget
- Develop a clear schedule for all aspects of video execution. Lead production of quarterly marketing photoshoots, and additional one-off shoots/cross-functional creative projects
- Manage pre-production, storyboarding, and shot lists. Offer guidance on production approach and lighting to the photographer and/or videographer on set, source props and rental equipment
- Scout locations (virtually or in-person), secure talent, and coordinate rights/usage costs with agencies
- Communicate options for shooting, composition, and editing to the marketing team
- Stay up to date with video trends, internet, and pop culture, and bring a knowledge of how to apply them to our own initiatives
- Process, organize and maintain video/assets in Dropbox
Experience We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of creative video production experience
- 3+ years of video editing and motion graphics experience
- An expert within the Adobe Creative Suite (special emphasis on Premiere, After Effects)
- An understanding of the functional and technical side of paid digital marketing
- An eye for graphic design
- Expertise in the use of editing programs for completing projects
- Knowledge and ability to operate video equipment
- Comfort with productivity and communication tools (Asana and Slack)
- Understanding of basic marketing principles and performance marketing channels
- Portfolio of paid and organic social video content ideally in a DTC, digitally native capacity
Who You Are
- You’re Creative- You are wildly creative and have a clean and modern design aesthetic
- You’re Organized– You are able to manage multiple projects at once, providing a clear roadmap and timeline for each to internal stakeholders
- You’re Knowledgeable– You have a great understanding of best practices for content across the full range of media and platforms
Perks of Working at Bright Cellars
- Competitive total compensation offerings
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexibility & work/life balance
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Heavily discounted monthly wine memberships
- Opportunity to attend wine tastings led by our resident sommelier
- Opportunity to build something incredible while being surrounded by intelligent, hardworking, and motivated coworkers
Please include a link to your portfolio with your application. Candidates without a portfolio will not be considered.
Bright Cellars is a fun, fast-growing startup with a work hard, play hard attitude. We look for smart, motivated individuals who are excited to build something incredible from the ground up!