BuddyBoss specializes in building software for Online Communities, Membership sites and eLearning. BuddyBoss products are used to power over 50,000 websites. The team is distributed with over 80 members spread over 11 countries.
The company is looking for a talented Direct Response Copywriter to join its fast-growing team and help in refining and scaling the company’s marketing efforts.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct customer and industry research so you can develop a rich understanding of the motivations and fears of our audience, allowing you to craft compelling copy that converts
- Develop a deep understanding of our products and services and how they benefit our customers
- Research the competition and compare. Understand the benefits of using our products over competitors and continuously share feedback and ideas with the marketing and product teams about what improvements can be made to the product that can in turn have a big impact on conversions.
- Lead the development of the core messaging for every new product launch and marketing campaign by writing persuasive and audience-focused copy.
- Write copy for every step in our funnels including ads, landing and sales pages, video sales letters (aka VSL), marketing video scripts, and marketing emails.
- Work together with our marketing team members to optimize the conversion in every step of our funnels.
- Help refine existing funnels and marketing content to improve conversion and improve alignment to the core messaging.
- Develop systems to help the team keep our messaging and brand voice consistent across all customer communications.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- You measure your copy’s success by CTR, conversion rate, and ROAS
- You have at least 2 years of experience with direct response copywriting.
- You think like a marketer and know how to craft copy that sells to the particular audience you are targeting.
- You understand the difference between active voice and passive voice.
- You use- or have used- the Flesch Kincaid Reading Level function in Microsoft Word, or at least the Hemingway App.
- You have the ability to write persuasive direct response copy that cut through the clutter.
- You have the ability to grab your readers’ eyeballs, focus them on your headline, lead them to your first sentence, and keep them hanging on your every word to the very end.
- Your copywriting portfolio can demonstrate that you have the skills you need to capture the interest an audience and push them towards taking action
- You have experience working with marketing teams to create and publish a campaign for a new product launch while developing the core messaging and the copy necessary for the launch.
- You have great editing skills and are open to feedback.
- You have a positive attitude and have the energy and enthusiasm that fits well with BuddyBoss’s company culture.
- You are an excellent communicator whether in-person, on video calls, or through emails and Slack messages.
- You are skilled in crafting tailored messaging for various audiences and segments.
- You have previously worked in an industry related to ours (software, SaaS, eLearning, online communities, membership sites) or have the ability to quickly research and develop a deep understanding of a particular audience or industry
- You have previously mentored other team members and are interested in taking a leadership role in the company.
- Bonus if you have worked on creating brand guidelines from scratch for an organization.
40k to 65k USD