Dear new Product Director,
It’s funny to think you’re reading this, even though we haven’t actually met yet. But, given that you’re the Product Director who’s going to take our amazing team to the next level, we just wanted to say hi. Gideon, our CEO, is especially excited to meet you – first because he’s great and a pleasure to work with but, secondly, because he knows just how fascinating a time this is to be joining Buyapowa, as we enter our biggest ever period of worldwide growth.
So, welcome to Buyapowa, new Product Director, We can’t wait for you to start.
This is what makes Buyapowa Buyapowa:
Traditional marketing is dead. That’s why we’re building what comes next – a whole new channel to attract and acquire customers that reflects the way that people discover, fall in love and shop with today’s leading brands.
We’re thrilled that more and more clients including BT, Vodafone, Formula 1, HSBC, Centrica, and Ralph Lauren are joining Buyapowa on this adventure, each and every day. But, cards on the table, when we started out over 10 years ago, we had no idea we’d become the global leader in what we do. And, while we’ve got huge plans for the years ahead, we’re just as excited by the unknown future as we are by the storied past.
We love new people, new ideas, new skills, new angles, new problems and new solutions. That’s why we’re not going to say something dumb like: “The ideal candidate went to this school, worked at that business and has this personality, that skillset and these boxes checked on their resume”. If we knew exactly what we wanted, we wouldn’t need you. So come show us what we’re missing.
We think these things are pretty obvious, but we’re a bit grossed-out that no one else is really saying them:
- No one wants to be compelled to commute into an office anymore. That’s why, while Buyapowa has offices around the world (and we love getting together face-to-face), we’re fully committed to the virtual workspace, and we’re delighted that our team gets to work wherever in the world they call home.
- No one’s worked at Buyapowa until they work at Buyapowa. So, while we value experience, we know that the greatest experience you can have is the experience you’ll gain once you start working with us.
- No one stops being talented just because they’re in their 50s or 60s. We love fresh ideas, but we don’t have a weird youth fetish like some other employers.
- That said, Mozart was composing classics when he was only five years old. So, if you’re just starting out on your journey, that’s amazing too.
- Apparently, the average person changes career 5-7 times over the course of their working life. Between you and us, we think that might be BS, but either way: we don’t care if this is your first and only career or you’re embarking on change number 5, 6 or 7. If you’ve got the talent, we want you.
- We actively celebrate all forms of diversity, and we’ll love the way you look, the things you believe in, the life you live and the people you love.
So, that’s us. We love building the future and we love the people we’re building the future with. If you’re the future-building kind, and you’ve got the smarts to back it up, the job’s already yours.
We are looking for a Product Director to help define and deliver our product innovation vision. You’ll translate ideas into strategy and features, and follow product development from start to finish. You’ll be a perceptive and creative leader, understand how to exploit data and have experience managing a B2B SaaS product.
What you will do:
- Develop and implement a product portfolio that aligns with the company vision
- Work with senior management to create and articulate the product innovation roadmap
- Be the voice of the customer and champion of good product practices within the company
- Collect and analyse feedback from clients, end-users, sales team and stakeholders
- Partner with our product designer to shape exceptional product experiences
- Produce appropriately detailed product development stories
- Manage and effectively prioritise multiple backlogs
- Coordinate multiple cross-functional development teams in two countries
- Ensure product releases are managed and communicated correctly
- Plan, run and extract insights from experiments and AB tests
- Own the product KPIs ensuring that we understand our status and progress at all times
About you (don’t worry if you don’t tick all of the boxes, we didn’t either!):
- Proven experience as a Product Manager for a B2B SaaS product
- Ability to communicate your product decisions to all levels of the organisation
- Ability to recognize and describe what a good user experience looks like
- Product marketing experience for an enterprise SaaS product
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with Agile ways of working
- Ideally worked on products with enterprise clients
- Ideally worked with remote development teams (we are split between London & Vancouver)
We love you. Here’s why you’ll love us back:
- Learning & development.
We’ll give you the opportunity to learn, including a personal learning budget for your professional growth.
We’ve got big plans and we want you to share in the upside. That’s why you’ll get to participate in a generous equity incentive plan.
We’re looking forward to seeing you grow in your professional life, but we also care about your well-being. That’s why you’ll receive an annual wellness budget, to spend just on you – no questions asked.
- Work / life balance.
Taking a break is super important to all of us. In fact, it’s something that’s gently encouraged, coaxed and nudged on a regular basis.
- Remote-work ready.
Our ethos is to priorities remote working. While we have hubs and we love getting together, our priority is to invest in getting you set up to work remotely. So, whatever you need to be amazing, it’s on us.
- Family life.
Being part of the Buyapowa family is important to us, but we know you have a life outside of our team, too. Whatever family / home life looks like to you, we offer flexible working.