We are looking for a leader to join the Revenue team and lead our Karl’s Bait & Tackle e-commerce channel. Karl’s Bait & Tackle is our membership e-commerce platform and one of Catch Co’s key growth drivers. As GM of Karl’s Bait & Tackle, you will have P&L ownership and be expected to own growth strategy and profitability for the channel. You will collaborate with internal product & engineering, marketing, operations, merchandising, and other teams to execute on our company goals and grow the channel.
What makes this a special opportunity:
- The role is also a great fit for candidates who are interested in becoming a founder, VC, or company leader (CEO, COO) later in their career
- The role will work very closely with the SVP of Revenue (a former management consultant) and COO (a former management consultant and Private Equity professional). You will also have significant exposure to the CEO, Board of Directors and all function leads
- This individual will have P&L ownership for one of the fastest-growing areas of the company
- We place a premium on building a great culture made up of great people
- You will work with and learn from experienced leaders who have a track record of building successful companies
- This is a highly visible leadership role within the company with an immediate mandate to make an impact
What you will do:
- Own the P&L, growth strategy, and profitability for a fast-growing business unit, using our robust data infrastructure to inform your decisions
- Improve our club offering by optimizing price/discount strategy, adding new benefits, and improving our assortment
- Create a best-in-class storefront by optimizing our site navigability, improving how we are sharing content, ensuring an engaging experience, and personalizing the offering
- Manage the merchandising function and setting goals and KPIs for a high performing merchandising team
- Build a high performing, dynamic team
- Collaborate & influence a diverse set of internal stakeholders, including product and engineering, marketing and CRM, operations, data, and brand teams
- Collaborate closely with the marketing team to set strategy and budgets
- Regularly connect with the leadership team to ensure company alignment towards a cohesive strategy
What experience you need:
- 6+ years relevant experience, with 2-3 years in eCommerce category management or in a role with P&L ownership
- Demonstrated ability to perform at a fast pace, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience bringing structure to ambiguous situations
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders, sometimes with conflicting interests
- Proven track record of leadership, ownership, and results
What will make you successful:
- Self-starter / Motivated
- Collaborative – able to work with stakeholders to get things done
- Analytical / data-centric problem-solving approach
- Improving, not satisfied w/ status quo (stays up to date, learns new technologies, etc.)
- Sees the forest and the trees (able to consider problems and solutions at multiple levels of abstraction)
- Creative (novel solutions based on an understanding of context – knowing when not to be creative and apply an existing solution that works)
- Flexible – update your mental model as new facts/arguments emerge
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box – Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle – Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting e-commerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products – Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains compensates and promotes without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- “Take what you need” paid time off policy
- 11 Paid Holidays + 4 additional paid days off specifically to enjoy the outdoors
- Flexible working schedule & work from home opportunities (and a fully remote team throughout covid-19)
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance – We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employee discount program
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl’s Club membership and $100 of store credit
- Unlimited coffee and fruit snacks (once we return to the office)
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.