Our product lets customers get creative; they can build whatever in-product experiences they like. This means Chameleon has to adapt, transform, change color, etc. to match our customers’ applications. This, combined with our product being in a new category, means there is an incredible opportunity to help customers be more successful.
We have to help them learn what is possible, help them fit Chameleon into their existing stack, show them how to test and build confidence, and teach them best practices.
Therefore we are looking for a Customer Happiness Specialist who loves helping customers leverage software; is design, UX, and psychology-savvy, and product.
If not already, you will become skilled in product-led growth best practices, web technologies (JS, CSS), and the psychology of user engagement. You will get a chance to work with product teams from great SaaS companies (such as Mixpanel, Segment, Degreed, Vanta, etc.) and be part of their success, along with our own.
Why we want to hire this role now
We succeed when our customers succeed. There are two parts to this:
- Outputs: they are able to use Chameleon in the way they want
- Outcomes: Chameleon helps them meet their business goals
To help customers with this we need a product-led approach combined with a human touch. Customers need and appreciate interacting with people that can empathize, understand, and provide intelligent workarounds or best practices, and also listen to feedback.
You will be a key member of our customer-facing team and for many customers the voice of Chameleon. Internally within the team, your opinions and perspectives will represent our customers. Your inputs will be key in helping us shape our product strategy.
What you will do specifically
- Engage customers experiencing difficulty in a friendly and comforting manner. Build trust and empathy with our customers by understanding and teaching them.
- Act like a detective to investigate issues (often includes logging into our customers’ software and being able to recreate the issue consistently)
- Feed our engineering team clearly documented bugs
- Help us proactively improve the reliability and quality of our product by collecting, managing, and sharing feedback
- Contribute to a customer-centric culture by championing customer needs
- Helping test product features and shape the upcoming roadmap
Skills and experience that will aid success in this role
- 2+ years working in a technical support role
- 1+ years working at a SaaS startup (<50 employees)
- Good understanding of HTML and CSS, and familiarity with web technologies
- Comfort and confidence with using the browser console and other debugging tools
- Empathy with customers’ goals, frustrations, and circumstances
- You have a fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (and take calls) with a high-speed internet connection
- You are in an Americas timezone (i.e. based in 🇨🇦 🇲🇽 🇧🇷 🇨🇱 🇺🇸)
- This is your full-time job (no other part-time roles)
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English
We believe individuals are so much more than their labels and encourage candidates from all walks of life (all genders, ethnicities, ages, educational backgrounds, sexual orientations, etc.) as we strive to build a diverse team. If you’re unsure, just apply!