cLabs is seeking a data engineer to build out our internal data platform. This role works with both the engineering team on operational and services data, as well as the business intelligence team to provide the necessary analytics and business intelligence infrastructure.
- We are experienced, startup founders and operators
- We are mission-driven with a big goal: to bring sound currency and property rights to those who need it most
- We are fast-paced and loosely-structured, with a number of offices and a growing team
- We are a full-stack solution i.e. we are building both blockchain protocols and the applications that deliver end-user experiences on top of them
- We are highly technical, with an accomplished team dedicated to learning and pushing boundaries
- We have a strong engineering culture, which values open-source
- You’ll architect, implement, and steward end-to-end data infrastructure and data pipelines
- You’ll collaborate with product and engineering to ensure that new and existing features are appropriately tracked
- You’ll identify and evaluate Data Science, Engineering, and Analytics tools that may be appropriate to integrate as systems evolve
- You’ll drive best practices around security in data engineering
- You’ll drive data literacy and data-driven decision making across functions
- You’ll collaborate with engineering and product teams to identify KPIs and understand user behavior
- You’ll investigate trends and validate hypothesis using pilot data
- You’ll create Insights Reports for the broader Celo Community using both blockchain data from the Celo Protocol and usage analytics from the Celo Wallet
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Software or Data Engineer
- You have familiarity with different database systems and their tradeoffs, experience with GCP is a plus
- You have facility navigating large datasets, with a strong working knowledge of Python, SQL, or other technology
- You have excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
- You have An interest in Data Science and Analytics, particularly in open source and/or decentralized systems
- BONUS: You have experience in Grafana, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, or Mesos
Nice to have
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a small, fast-paced, high-autonomy organization
- Prior experience working in either the fintech or blockchain domain or within another regulated space such as healthcare
- Experience building data infrastructure and teams from the ground up
cLabs (“Celo Labs”) started Celo in 2017 and is one of many contributors to the open-source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable the prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we’re all proud to hold the job title of “Partner.” For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.