Clubhouse was founded to help software teams execute and make decisions faster, encourage healthy cross-functional collaboration, and ultimately grow as an organization without losing speed.
Design is in our DNA. Our Co-founder and Chief Design Officer studied art and design at RISD and has 20 years of experience designing and building digital products, and our CEO has 20 years of experience as an engineering leader with exacting standards. We believe it isn’t just the big features that matter – the little details really do add up and determine if a product is painful or delightful to use. We consider product design a combination of art and science, and while we are growing as a company, we still appreciate the art in what we do: we like experimenting, trusting your intuition, and creative problem solving over the excessive process. We believe that while someone ultimately has to make a decision, gathering and listening to diverse perspectives, and drawing more people into the conversation, will result in a better product and a healthier, more collaborative environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead, mentor, and grow a world-class, multi-disciplinary design team, defining what career growth and exceptional performance looks like.
- Continually evolve the design team operations, process, and structure.
- Champion design and UX as a core business driver across the company.
- Be an effective voice for design and UX within the R&D leadership team (and across the company), and help define a Design/UX roadmap that can be prioritized alongside Product and Engineering initiatives.
- Help us think about and identify problems software teams face beyond just project management, and inspire the team to solve those problems in an elegant, creative way.
- 7+ years of professional experience designing web applications with 3+ years experience managing teams
- Strong ability to reason about and design for complex systems
- Able to work cross-functionally in a remote-first environment, using remote-first tools
- Ability to set the strategic direction for a team, ability to manage competing tendencies to both broaden and narrow scope on initiatives.
- We are a globally distributed company, where most of the team has at least 4 to 5 hours overlap with Eastern Time Zone office hours (UTC -5). As a director, we will expect you to to be able to support 10-5 pm EST office hours.
What we offer:
- In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, we offer a sizable equity stake in the company.
- You’ll be working on a product built for other technology companies (and ourselves!), with the aim of improving the lives of its users. We do in fact use Clubhouse to build Clubhouse. We want and value your input as we try to keep the product moving in the right direction.
- We expect you to work at a sustainable pace, take time off as needed, and maintain a healthy work-life balance. Many of us have families and kids, so we don’t work crazy hours and don’t expect you to either.
Clubhouse is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.