Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the crypto economy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
- Assist with driving global payroll strategy to align on refining current payroll operations with our international payroll team
- Implementation of international and domestic processes and procedures to streamline and ensure consistency, accuracy and best in class service to our employees
- Ensure an accurate and timely payroll for full-cycle US payroll processing and assist with exempt and non-exempt payroll transactions on a periodic basis.
- Assist with off-cycle payments for terminations by timely preparing and administering final checks within state regulatory guidelines.
- Work closely with our equity team to process NSO’s, ESPP and RSU if applicable through payroll processing domestically and internationally
- Process employee business expense reports and prepares periodic and month-end reconciliation of reimbursements for accounting.
- Cross-functional collaboration with business partners for process improvements and efficiencies
- Work closely with our internal partners to provide all employees globally a best in class employee experience
- Assist with internal/external payroll audits and compliance reporting including 401(k) and Workers Compensation.
- Assist with maintaining the Payroll inbox by answering payroll inquiries from employees, management and internal business partners
- Perform other payroll relevant duties as assigned.
- Experience with international payrolls
- Experience with U.S. federal and state taxation relating to equity compensation.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to deliver accurate results under strict deadlines.
- The highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Problem solver
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with G-Suite
Nice to haves
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or another related field
- Experience with Shareworks
- Experience with G-Suite
- Experience with ADP Comprehensive and ADP Celergo a plus.
- Has experience working with NetSuite and Shareworks (not required, but a plus).