The Data Engineering Team at Coinsquare is looking for a Software Developer to contribute towards creating their data and analytics infrastructure. On this journey, you will work on cutting edge Fintech projects and become highly skilled in data wrangling, cloud architecture, Python libraries, SQL and the Digital Currency domain. You’ll be reporting to the Director of Data Engineering and working closely with a world class team of Software Developers, Product Professionals, Dev Ops Engineers, Business Managers, Compliance and AML teams.
What you will do
- Build fault tolerant, high throughput data pipelines from internal and external data stores and into the data lake
- Analyze Data sets for anomalies, implement robust data quality measures in code and mitigate data infrastructure down time
- Incorporate and enforce data governance policies in daily operations while working closely with the AML and Compliance teams
- Understand the development processes, styles and guides within the Data Team and minimize technical debt by writing clean, portable, modular, well documented and tested code
- Work closely with the Dev-Ops team to manage application deployments to the Kubernetes clusters
- Monitor and Understand logs through Kibana or Prometheus to identify root causes of errors and provide suggestions for fixes
- Gain an insight into the Digital Currency data sets, operations and nuances
- Understand financial reports, understand the stakeholders and understand the reporting requirements
What you bring
- Have strong SQL skills
- Strong development experience with python projects having used Pandas, SqlAlchemy, NumPy, comfortable enough to demonstrate during an interview
- Have extensively used git and be able to effortlessly navigate through git commands to create source controlled projects hosted on github
- Have a working knowledge of Cassandra and Postgres Databases
- Have used the Docker ecosystem to develop containerized applications
- Have incorporated rigorous testing and refactoring within your development style
- Understand various data structures such as list, dictionary, maps, resultsets and be able to use the appropriate one to solve a problem
- Have used VSCode for development and feel at home in software development using Agile and Kanban methodologies
Huge Bonus for any exposure and work with
- Kubernetes deployments
- Kafka topics and distributed computing
- Have a used AWS components such as AWSCLI, S3 buckets, permissions, IAM, AWS keys
Coinsquare is Canada’s leading and most secure digital asset trading platform for trading Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and other digital currencies.
We built the most secure trading platform, and since our founding in 2014 we’ve never lost a coin. We’re FINTRAC regulated as a money services business, meaning we keep all our clients’ money in Canada and use bank-level security measures on our platform.
We’ve raised over $60M to date, growing from one employee in February 2017 to over 100 employees by January of 2019. We’ve been featured in major media outlets across Canada and are always dedicated to bringing digital asset investing to the mainstream through our various operations like digital currency mining, funds, capital markets, and other offerings coming down the pipeline as we grow.
We’re full of bright and diverse thinkers. Team members have equal opportunities to contribute to our success within a scale-up culture that encourages self-starters, transparency and team connectivity.
We know diverse teams make strong teams. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accommodation during the application process, simply let us know and we’ll ensure it’s a positive experience for you.
In order to promote and enhance the security of Coinsquare and our platform, just so you know, anyone receiving a job offer will be required to complete a background check.