Our mission is to bring the community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit.
Reddit’s Community team is growing. We’re looking for a Community Lead who will be driving growth initiatives in our Indian communities and support the wider team’s internationalization efforts as we look to expand Reddit’s reach.
As the Indian Community Lead, you will be at the forefront of jumpstarting and fostering local communities. You will be an expert in everything Indian, proficient in Hindi, and focused on proactive initiatives to build bridges with local volunteer moderators and innovate, iterate, refine, and scale our international consumer playbook. The insights derived from your relationships and experiments will help accelerate our growth in India.
If you’re a self-starter who is passionate about communities – warts and all – then this is the opportunity you’re looking for.
- Mediate conflicts and help drive solutions for moderator teams
- Work with moderators to build trust and drive engagement
- Be a public face with our local volunteer moderators to build trust and drive engagement, mediating conflicts and helping drive solutions
- Gain a deep understanding and specialized market knowledge to understand the user and moderator pain points, competitors, and market opportunity
- Help drive international community strategy across the org
- Day-to-day execution of our community internationalization program
- Assist in projects to grow communities and users internationally
- Be an internal advocate for Indian content & community landscape on Reddit
- Collaborate on cross-functional projects
What We Can Expect From You:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience as a community manager or program manager
- Strong understanding of Reddit and its unique and varied communities
- Can think strategically but has no problem taking on the actual nitty-gritty work
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and is a self-starter that can work efficiently and collaboratively
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Indian culture, including current events, politics, customs, traditions, language, topics of interest, taboos, etc.
- Ability to remain patient, calm, and focused during a crisis
- Experience as a Reddit moderator is a significant plus
- Fluent in Hindi
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.