At ConsenSys we have a vision of a world where data sovereignty and financial well-being are accessible to every person and organization. We believe Ethereum and decentralized protocol technology is a more trustworthy and equitable foundation for how we create and share value across the web. On this trusted, open-source foundation, we can accelerate the world’s transition to a universally accessible network of distributed participants where transparency, security, and freedom are fundamental.
Our product suite, composed of Truffle, Infura, Quorum, Vertical Applications, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. As the leading Ethereum software company, ConsenSys enables developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. To learn more about ConsenSys, and explore our products and solutions, visit their website.
About Employee Programs & Internal Communications, People & Talent
People and Talent support the members of our ConsenSys community. We strive to be the destination employer of choice for our ecosystem. That goal is embedded in all the work we do to attract, retain and support our amazing talent. By joining our team you’ll be working with a diverse group of incredible individuals who put ‘people first and are designing and building the workplace of the future.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an Internal Events Manager to join our employee experience team to help build and shape the future of Internal Events here at ConsenSys. As an Internal Events Manager you’re focused on the ideation, creation, and implementation of our internal events at ConsenSys. You’ll have the opportunity to build this pillar from the ground up and help support team offsites and retreats, different company-level retreats as well as regional community gatherings that aim to bring our folks together. You’re an eclectic mix of creative and operational, you enjoy consulting with teams to help them craft vision and goals for what they want to achieve for their events while possessing an uncanny knack for details. You will be an excellent fit if you’re a dedicated problem solver and multitasker, who enjoy building people experiences, vetting event requests, negotiating with vendors, and making last-minute changes.
Responsibilities: A day in the life of an Internal Events Manager
- Meeting with teams to scope out what they’re trying to accomplish and assisting in building the experience from start to finish – this includes creating schedules, researching locations and spaces, negotiating with vendors, and leveraging our travel team to support with logistics planning
- Handling all event documentation, from budgets, receipts, contracts to contact and guest lists
- Assisting in ideating and developing concepts for community gatherings, team events & company events
- Liaising with facilitators for the different offsites and retreats
- Proposing ideas to improve services and event quality
- Ensuring compliance with insurance, legal, health, and safety obligations
- Cooperating with Marketing and Internal Comms teams to promote and publicize events where needed
- Cooperation with Finance to help build the foundation for events and travel budget
- Conducting pre and post-event evaluations and reporting on outcomes
- Running the production of ConsenSys events in the region, including all arrangements with the support of our travel team and people on the ground
- Willingness and ability to travel
Ideal Experience and Skills
- Experience in program management – from creation to implementation
- Events experience
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Decisive, self-motivated, and highly organized with a strong sense of personal accountability
- Excellent social, presentation, facilitation, negotiation, and verbal/written communication
Nice to Have OR Bonus Points
- Experience working in a start-up culture
- A willingness to help out where needed – regardless of the scope of your role
- An understanding of the Blockchain and Ethereum ecosystem, with an interest and curiosity to learn more
- Competitive benefits
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
- Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
- Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs, and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
- Unlimited vacation/holidays
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has a work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
- Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce, we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
- Remote first
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Provides the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.