ConvertKit is a delightful email marketing SaaS platform that helps creators grow their audience, connect with their true fans, and earn a living online. For makers, authors, chefs, musicians, athletes, and anyone else making a living by creating the culture we all love, there isn’t a better tool for reaching inboxes. More importantly, there isn’t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living doing work that matters.
We’re looking for an experienced SEO Manager to join our Growth team and lead SEO initiatives as we scale from $26M ARR to $100M ARR. Your primary objective will be to increase traffic and new revenue generation from organic search.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has extensive experience growing organic search traffic and revenue. You should have a proven track record of building the domain authority of websites through link-building initiatives, achieving first-page rankings for competitive search terms, and supporting content production teams to ensure new content has the greatest chance of long-term success.
Note: this is not a people management role
- Define the SEO strategy, vision, and roadmap to help drive our overarching growth goals
- Hit monthly/quarterly/yearly growth targets as measured by organic search traffic growth and new revenue generation
- Produce comprehensive technical SEO audits and requirements for product, engineering, and marketing teams, guiding projects through to conclusion
- Regularly conduct SEO experiments, using rigorous approaches and measurement methods (A/B tests, statistical methods) to evaluate their effectiveness and impact on search rankings and traffic
- Optimize our site architecture to give our best content the greatest chance of being indexed by search engines
- Create scalable, long-term strategies that consistently grow the domain authority of ConvertKit.com
- Help the content team create and manage a content roadmap designed to hit our monthly/quarterly/annual growth targets
- Create and manage a process, in partnership with our content team, to ensure all new content is optimized to rank well for our target keywords and topics
Channel management & reporting
- Produce monthly/quarterly/annual reports that show the breakdown of our keyword rankings, organic search traffic, and new revenue generation attributable to our SEO initiatives.
- Utilize SEO and analytics tools such as Ahrefs, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and so forth.
- Monitor SEO trends and stay ahead of best practices to identify new opportunities to improve targeting, production, and audience generation.
The right candidate should have:
- At least 5 years in a similar role overseeing SEO programs generating more than $1M in annual revenue
- We have a freemium business model that generates recurring revenue from creators that upgrade to one of our premium plans or by earning processing fees when they sell digital products using our Commerce tool. Having experience marketing SaaS and/or payment processing tools is a major plus.
- Experience working with online creators a major plus
- Proven track record of growing revenue through the optimization of organic search marketing channels
- Experience with SEO tools like Ahrefs, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Google Analytics, and Google Search Console.
- Experience with Excel and capable of manipulating data in order to perform both high level and more granular analysis. This includes familiarity with VLookups, Pivot tables, and other such functionalities
- Ability to bring the mindset of a creator (who ConvertKit serves) into your decision-making process
- Exceptional visual, written, spoken communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and flexible environment with a high degree of autonomy
- An operator mindset – understands the most important metrics and how to produce measurable results
- Comfortable working in a 100% remote environment
- Have enthusiasm and belief in our mission, vision, and values
ConvertKit has standardized salaries based on position, no matter where you live. For this role, we’re hiring at our level 2 ($70,000) or level 3 ($95,000). Level is determined based on experience and our interview process.
Other benefits include:
- Three weeks (15 days) paid vacation, increasing to four weeks (20 days) paid vacation after one year on the team
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus for taking five consecutive days of vacation, fully unplugged from work
- 10 paid holidays
- Two weeks of sick leave per year, including mental health days
- Up to six weeks paid bereavement leave and medical leave after six months of employment, two weeks of each paid leave in your first six months.
- Twelve weeks of disaster leave for all team members in 2021
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Gender affirming benefits
- Twelve weeks paid parental leave for primary caregivers, ten weeks paid parental leave for secondary caregivers, with flexible scheduling in your child’s first year
- Profit sharing
- $3,200 equipment allowance for your first two years, $2,500 budget every following two years for U.S.-based team members
- 401k with a 5% match
- Individual learning & development budget
- Yearly conference credit
- Four-week, paid sabbatical after five years with the team
- The team gathers twice a year for fantastic virtual or in-person retreats
How to Apply
This role will close on June 21, 2021. We usually receive a large number of applications (because of remote work!), but hope to get through them within two weeks of the close date for the role. Don’t worry, you’ll hear from us either way. Here’s what you can expect from the rest of our hiring process:
- A phone screen with someone on the hiring team
- A brief exercise or homework assignment to assess your skills
- A technical interview to discuss your technical knowledge
- A culture contribution interview
We’ll keep you informed through every step. To get started, complete this application, including a cover letter and answers to the questions on the next page. We read every single application, and your cover letter and responses help put your experience into context.
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms and we hire the best person for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for.
We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap – you never know, you might just be the perfect person for one of our open roles, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description