We’re looking for an Onboarding Specialist to help us welcome and onboard our expanding globally distributed fully remote team. As an Onboarding Specialist, you own a critical point in a new team member’s journey; the warm welcome! You’re putting a face to our company, and making a memorable transition into the team by onboarding new team members in a way that embodies our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness. Your role is key to ensuring that new team members have what they need to succeed; helping them acclimate to their new role and setting the whole team up for a smooth transition.
Customer.io is a remote-first, globally distributed company. Our team of 87 is located across 19 countries. This means you’ll also be onboarding people all over the world through synchronous and asynchronous communication. We put a strong emphasis on effective communication skills, project management, and creative thinkers. In other words – you are vital to growing Customer.io’s culture and values while building a successful team.
Some things you’ll do
- Learn about our team, culture, and how we work to create a welcoming, informative, and engaging team member experience
- Be the main point of contact for new hires and managers; owning the hand-off from offer through their first two weeks
- Conduct onboarding debriefs with new team members as they transition from onboarding to retention
- Own and improve documentation for Onboarding across departments and in Operations; making recommendations on how to continue building an inclusive culture
- Lead our Operations Team and Managers through the onboarding process by communicating dates, expectations, and needs of our team members
- Participate in our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion work, and use this lens to drive improvements to our hiring and onboarding practices
- You bring enthusiasm and genuine human connection to your work
- You are proactive and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have a collaborative mindset, and will approach our goal of providing an inclusive and welcoming Onboarding experience with empathy and critical thought
- Preferably located in UTC-4 time zone
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 2,400 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $65,000 – $70,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate.
Benefits at Customer.io include
- 20 days PTO – we offer 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- Health and wellness allowance – Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – Up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year – we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, but most recently had an amazing virtual retreat!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by 5 pm PST May 17th and tell us why you’re interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us the title of the last book you read. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by May 21st with a status update about your application.
Here’s what you can expect from our hiring process (order subject to change):
- 30-minute video call with Heather, People Operations Manager
- 45-minute video call with me (Symone – your future manager!)
- Take-Home Assignment
- 45-minute video call – Take Home Assignment Review with two potential teammates
- 30-minute video call with me (again) for any final questions you might have about us!