Designlab is seeking a Head of Product to help us take our product to the next level, allowing us to educate and inspire future generations of creatives in engaging and effective ways. This role is a perfect fit for the right product leader looking for their next challenge: you’ll have the chance to scale a product experience that has a proven track record, a vibrant community, and lots of upside for innovation.
We’re a nimble, product-driven team focused on building the best experience in the world for creative skills training, and thousands of students across the globe have already advanced their skills and changed careers with our help. We’ve solved many of the problems of the first wave of MOOCs and edtech companies, are delivering real value to our customers, and are looking to improve and scale this product experience to more people around the world.
You’ll have the opportunity to make a big impact in the edtech and creative industries with new product innovations — with the ability to experiment in areas like community, mobile experience, 1-on-1 and 1-to-many mentorship for a range of courses, job placements and industry partnerships, and more.
Our mission is to empower creators to do the work they love, and this extends to our culture and philosophy about work. Thanks to the quality of our product—rated best in a class by reviewers at SwitchUp & Course Report— we’ve built a passionate community of students, mentors, and alumni.
As Head of Product, you will report to our CEO and have full responsibility for leading our product vision and strategy, both for our current product line and our future offerings. You will manage a team of product managers, designers, and other product contributors, designing organizational structure and processes to execute against our roadmap. Our ideal candidate will have experience leading teams of product managers and would be excited to do the same with us.
As Head of Product, you will have responsibility for:
- Defining our product vision and strategy for the evolution of Designlab’s platform to drive the growth of our brand and reputation
- All product-related KPIs for our course line up– including NPS, completion rates, outcome rates, and mentor ratings.
- Managing and engaging Designlab’s product team, composed of product managers, UI/UX designers, and instructional designers
- Developing and maintaining successful cross-functional relationships with other leaders on the team (Engineering, People Ops, Admissions & Communications)
- Ensuring we represent and showcase cutting edge design best practices
- You have 7-10 years of experience in product management
- 3+ years of experience managing product managers and designers
- You have a history of shipping industry-leading products, with evidence of leading customer discovery processes and generating novel user insights
- You have experience managing product management teams (individual contributors and managers) and leading L&D for PMs
- You have a detailed understanding of user experience design and related domains: user research, content strategy, brand and marketing design
- You are passionate about defining the future of education
- You demonstrate acumen with data-driven decision-making
- You have a demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes
Character and Personal Qualities
- You have a strong work ethic
- You enjoy and value collaboration
- You make quick but considered decisions
- You value people and enjoy helping them reach their potential
Bonus Points For
- A background in consumer digital products, education / edtech, training, content, or related industries
- Experience working in fast-growing or late-stage start-ups
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- The team has always been 100% remote, work where you want
- Generous paid vacation policy
- Health & dental benefits
- Choose your own Mac setup
- Work with a talented, mission-driven team on a product that’s innovating in the online education space with thousands of paying customers around the world
How to apply
Click the button below to apply for this role via our Typeform by 6:00 pm ET on Friday, February 26th
We’ll contact you to let you know whether we’re moving forward with your application by the end of Friday, March 5th.