Rackspace is hiring Cloud Devop Engineers (AWS) to support Cloud Engineering includes a wide range of services and features to help customers make the most out of their chosen hosting strategy. Using your deep technical expertise, you will help customers optimize their workloads by providing application-focused assistance to build, deploy, integrate, scale, and heal using native AWS and 3rd party toolchains and automation-oriented agile principles. At Rackspace we pride ourselves on our ability to deliver the fanatical experience – this means our support team blends technical expertise and strong customer-oriented professional skills.
Being successful in this role requires:
Working knowledge of Microsoft AWS Products & Services, Relational and NoSQL Databases, Caching, Object and Block Storage, Scaling, Load Balancing, CDNs, Networking, etc Excellent working knowledge of Windows or Linux operating systems – the experience of supporting and troubleshooting issues and performance Intermediate understanding of central networking concepts: VLANs, layer2/3 routing, access lists & load balancing Excellent knowledge on AWS Network ( API Gateway/ Route 53/ VPC/ Global Accelerator / Cloud Front, etc Excellent hands-on Devop tools – Docker, Kubernetes, GIT, Ansible, CI/CD Good experience on Scripting (Python/ BASH/Shell) & experience on Terraform
- 6+ years of hands-on experience working with AWS and executing cloud deployments
- Working knowledge of AWS Resources and Services, Scaling, Load Balancing, CDNs, Networking etc
- Experience automating and orchestrating workloads on AWS
- Experience working Terraform
- Experience in scripting specifically PowerShell and Bash
- Experience with GIT, VSTS, and Terraform
- Proficient in leveraging CI/CD tools to automate testing and deployment
- Experience in the AWS services & APIs
- Strong Windows skills
- Knowledge of databases (SQL Server and MySQL)
- Working knowledge of Backup and Recovery methodology and implementations
- Good knowledge of application development using Agile, and DevOps best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate both technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences Effective with time management and expected deliverables
- An ability to multi-task and work on multiple concurrent projects
About Rackspace Technology We are multi-cloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data, and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named the best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes, and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future. More on Rackspace Technology Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunities without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Salary and compensation
$70,000 — $120,000/year
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.