Flight builds remote-first customer support teams for growing startups who put people first. Our mission is to expand access to careers in customer experience and advance a human-centered outsourcing model. We partner with everyone from early-stage founders making their first support hire to established leaders scaling their teams, and our clients rely on us to find the world’s top talent and work in partnership with them to set up the right infrastructure for success. That’s where you come in we’re looking for a Director of Customer Support who will oversee all programs at Flight and be a key partner to the many support teams we work on with our clients. You’ll make sure this amazing group of partners have the team, tools, and strategic collaboration that will help them grow industry-leading programs.
What you’ll do
- Partner with our talent team to find the best hires for each new program and work with our Director of Training to ensure they’re supported with continuous training to match their client’s needs.
- Lead our Program Managers and partner with them to oversee client onboarding, implementation, quality assurance, and ongoing communication to quickly establish and maintain productive partnerships.
- Collaborate with our Community Manager to create connections between our crew and clients.
- Serve as a strategic partner and serve as the senior leader who represents Flight to clients. Offer insights and recommendations on support team operations and opportunities.
- Facilitate communication between our clients and the Flight team, triage and solve requests and issues, and synthesize and follow up on action items from weekly client and crew meetings.
- Define team performance and ensure contract objectives are met. Track performance metrics and take appropriate action to ensure high-quality service delivery.
- Stay sharp on client needs, acting proactively and swiftly especially for headcount and workflow optimizations, as well as ad-hoc requests.
- Run one-on-ones with direct reports and skip levels with team leads, and occasionally with frontline agents. Provide regular mentorship and guidance to your team.
- Monitor client and crew health, regularly report to the rest of the leadership team, and proactively take action where needed where needed.
- Foster a people-first culture and support our values of integrity, quality, continuous improvement, and community.
Who we’re looking for
- 5+ years in multi-channel customer support leadership; bonus points for customer success or account management experience.
- You’ve managed other managers, and have a proven ability to inspire and develop teammates at all levels.
- You’ve led teams at a large scale (20+) and have strong expertise in support operations foundations including staffing and forecasting, quality assurance, training, tooling, workflow optimization, and other processes.
- You’re well-versed in at least one major ticketing platform and can set up and optimize contact forms, workflows, automations, reporting, and integrations.
- You’re data-driven, love a good Excel sheet, and have a knack for drawing insight from metrics.
- You’re service-focused, but you’ve also got a persuasive side that will help you influence our partners to implement new strategies that will up level their programs and increase their success.
- You’re a systems-thinker who loves both structure and strategy. You’re always thinking about how something will scale, what the next iteration of any particular project or program will be and what will be needed to get there.
- You have remote work experience and are a proven master of concise and asynchronous communication, for example documenting all decisions in a central, archivable, and searchable place.
What we offer
- Flexible, remote-first work environment
- Competitive compensation based on experience and location
- Paid time off
- Global community of talented teammates joined by a passion for helping others and commitment to supporting one another’s success
- Learning and development programs so you can keep growing your perspective, skills, and career
- Early stage startup with lots of opportunity for ownership and impact
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.