Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. Our code intelligence platform helps developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. By enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunities across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our business is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced exponential growth and our $125M Series D from Andreessen Horowitz and $50M Series C from Sequoia have given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven’t even heard of code intelligence yet, but once you’ve used it, you can’t live without it–just like Google). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
Given that we are an all-remote company and hire almost anywhere in the world, we don’t have a location requirement for this role. However, we prefer if your working hours are EMEA timezone.
Why this job is exciting
As our first Enterprise Customer Success Manager (CSM) you will have more responsibility and growth potential in helping us shape and build a new team than at any other comparable company. As an Enterprise CSM, you will be responsible for managing the relationships with a very small set of extremely large customers. You’ll make sure their devs love us, and that they remain (and grow) as happy customers. Key metrics you’ll drive are adoption, usage/consumption, NPS, and renewal rate.
Within one month you will…
- Start building a trusting relationship with your peers on Customer Engineering, Sales, Value Engineering, and Support teams.
- Learn about our product, our value proposition, our customers, our team, and our processes.
- Join customer and prospect calls with some of our largest (Fortune 500) customers to understand their technical challenges and needs.
- Be assigned your first customers with whom you’ll begin to establish trusted relationships to earn and maintain credibility
Within three months you will…
- Meet regularly with your customer champions and advocates; establish yourself as their key point of contact
- Ensure your customers derive max value from their investment in Sourcegraph; where necessary develop action plans based on insights and needs
- Develop and implement tailored programs and playbooks, contributing to internal team strategy, that not only provide continued value to our customers but ensure long-term growth, beyond just your assigned customers
- Provide recommendations based on the customer’s infrastructure and use cases, and provide feedback to internal teams as the voice of your customer
Within six months you will…
- Drive the ultimate success of your customers, including their onboarding experience, ongoing feature adoption, and renewal
- Engage customers in product betas, case studies, and webinars as applicable
- Drive seamless onboarding processes and work cross-functionally with our support and services team to proactively lead successful deployments
- Translate customer sentiment to internal teams and appropriately advocate for strategic product decisions.
- Proactively identify new opportunities for expansion and up-sell opportunities across your book of business by collaborating with the sales team to ensure subscription growth and increased solution footprint
You are an enthusiastic, driven, and results-oriented technologist who shares our values and has a passion for nurturing healthy customers.
- You are an influential and strategic thinker who co-develops strategies with customers, and your account team counterparts (AE, etc), to ensure we bring value to our customers and continue to solve their ongoing needs. You commonly report on the status via QBRs and documented KPIs and success metrics associated to use cases.
- You actively listen, synthesize information, communicate effectively, and present with confidence and customer empathy to a variety of stakeholders (end user devs to c-level stakeholders) and internal teams.
- You are proactive. You can collaborate with multiple stakeholders to identify opportunities, address complex, political situations, and support customers throughout.
- You are naturally curious and seek to learn about product features and the benefits they provide. You provide recommendations based on stated customer needs and use cases. You engage customers on relevant betas, updates, and education material, as applicable.
- You are exceptionally organized and have strong project management skills. You are a strong adopter of tools and standardized processes to document customer conversations, goals, and project customer health scores across your entire book of business. You can prioritize effectively and can set and deliver on expectations.
- You are a team player who can proactively contribute to a positive environment that values people and work, openly share problems and successes, and work across teams to help refine processes and achieve goals. You can take responsibility for your own actions and recognize mistakes as learning opportunities.
We pay you an above-average salary because we want to hire the best people who are fully focused on helping Sourcegraph succeed, not worried about paying bills. You will have the flexibility to work and live anywhere in the world (unless specified otherwise in the job description), and we’ll never take your location or current/past salary information into account when determining your compensation. As an open and transparent company that values equitable and competitive compensation for everyone, we are working hard to make our compensation ranges visible across the board. To determine your salary, we use a number of market and data-driven salary sources and target the high end of the range, ensuring that we’re always paying above market regardless of where you live.
The target compensation for this role is $165,760 USD base + $41,440 USD variable ($207,200 USD on-target earnings).
In addition to our cash compensation, we offer equity (because when we succeed as a company, we want you to succeed, too) and generous perks & benefits.
Below is the interview process you can expect for this role (you can read more about the types of interviews in our Handbook). It may look like a lot of steps, but rest assured that we move quickly and the steps are designed to help you get the information needed to determine if we’re the right fit for you… Interviewing is a two-way street, after all!
- Intro Conversation Stage – we have initial conversations to get to know you better…
- Team Interview Stage – we then delve into your experience in more depth and introduce you to members of the team…
- Final Interview Stage – we move you to our final round, where you will gain a better understanding of our business and values holistically…
- [30 min] Values Interview
- [60 min] Leadership Panel
- And that’s it! Please note – you are welcome to request additional conversations with anyone you would like to meet, but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
- We make you an offer!
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal-opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.