Circle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think “Shopify for creator/brand-led communities”. We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions, members, and content all into one place. Circle is a product-led company, with thousands of paying customers. We’re a cross-platform community product built for web and mobile, and we’re looking for a Finance Manager to help build best-in-class finance systems for a fast-growing, well-financed and venture-backed company. As the second hire in Finance, you will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of building the financial infrastructure and systems needed for Circle to eventually serve 1M creators and brands. You’ll work cross-functionally across the entire organization to empower Circle’s business leaders to make sound decisions in a fast-moving and highly complex environment. This is a 100% remote role. We’re now a fully remote team of 65 (and growing!) based in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, Portugal, India, Argentina, Slovenia, and other countries. We have a preference for candidates in U.S. and European time zones. Check out our Careers page for more information about us.
- Partner closely with the Head of Finance to drive continuous improvements to Finance’s reporting and planning tools, as well as the financial planning process. This work will support the varied needs of all of Circle’s business leaders including those in Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, Product and Customer Support.
- Assist in preparing and coordinating the annual budget and monthly forecasts, as well as developing the financial models used.
- Manage the monthly close process and other daily accounting activities (e.g. preparation and review of journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations, account analyses, and monthly financial reporting).
- Establish and enhance automation processes for budgeting and forecasting.
- Work on special projects and provide ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Assist in preparation of materials for external parties (investor management, external auditor, future funding diligence requests).
Who we’re looking for
- 2+ years of finance experience at high-growth startups or similarly fast-paced environments.
- The ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and thrive in an unstructured and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to relay verbal and written information concisely and effectively.
- Proficient in Excel and/or Google Sheets and able to manipulate and analyze large data sets and build reports.
- Proficient in General Ledger systems. Proficient in financial analysis, financial modelling and problem-solving.
- Functional knowledge of financial reporting and accounting.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and resourceful.
- High level of autonomy.
- (Nice to have) Experience with SQL and/or Looker.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.