At Foundation, we are laying the groundwork for web3—the next generation of the internet full of limitless possibilities. In web3, your creativity is valued and your digital objects belong to you. We aim to put power directly back into the hands of those who create online. Why? We believe this is how the internet should just work. Our team is made up of individuals who share that vision. Together, we’re unlocking the full potential of an internet-based on new values of ownership and decentralization.
Our mission is to make web3 human. Everything from the smart contracts powering Foundation, to the design that our community interacts with daily, takes into consideration how our collective actions impact people.
New technology requires creativity, and web3 is uncharted. Foundation leads. Come join us.
At Foundation we’ve built out a team of incredibly talented designers and have quickly made a name for ourselves by creating what some believe to be the best-designed user experience in web3. We’re looking to continue our success here by finding our first Product Design Manager.
Your role will be to manage, hire and inspire our growing team of passionate designers. You’ll help the team put our community first, coach designers through our process, and focus them on the highest impact challenges with the best solutions. You thrive on collaborating and take great enjoyment in working to improve people, products, and processes. You will be an essential member of design leadership.
What You’ll Do at Foundation
- Coach, grow, mentor, and lead a talented team of Product Designers through the most challenging, yet creatively stimulating work of their careers.
- Lead, facilitate, and refine the way our design team works across the organization—by ensuring that we’re constantly striving to create the best possible environment for incredible design results to emerge from.
- Collaborate with the Head of Design to uphold a strong sense of design culture across the entire organization, by facilitating regular design rituals like stand-ups, design reviews, demos, and critiques.
- Drive collaboration between multiple cross-functional partners, including Product, Engineering, and Ops, to shape design vision and strategy, and contribute towards key business outcomes.
- Contribute to the growth of the Design team through recruiting—plan new roles, identify, and cultivate strong design talent.
- Occasionally be hands-on with design work, and pitch in from time to time by supporting the team and keeping them focused on deeper work.
- Apply your technical design expertise to constantly raise the bar and ensure your team achieves extraordinary results at the high technical level we set.
What You Should Have
- 2+ years of experience as a Design Manager and managed at least 2 Product Designers.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience as a Product Designer or similar Design role.
- A portfolio of work you’ve designed, and shipped, as well as examples of work you delivered by your team that you helped to direct.
- An enjoyment of people leadership including recruiting, training, development, and organizational design.
- You thrive in ambiguous environments and get excited about figuring out solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them.
- You are a first principles thinker that can work with others to come up with pragmatic solutions.
- You keep up with the industry trends and can assess new tools and techniques.
- History of collaborating with engineers and product managers.
Benefits and Support
- A culture that values inclusivity
- A remote-first working environment and the ability to set your own working hours
- Flexible paid time off
- Annual team offsite
- All of the tech you need to be successful
- A home office stipend including internet reimbursement
- Robust medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents, including a zero-cost option. For countries that provide government-sponsored health insurance, we offer a monthly stipend towards private health insurance.
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents, as well as 6 weeks of paid leave for birth-giving parents
- Access to Talkspace confidential online therapy and One Medical on-demand primary care.
- Get paid in crypto or fiat
- ETH grant to help further your web3 journey
- Employer-sponsored 401K
Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and welcome people from a variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, perspectives, experiences, and skillsets. As part of our commitment to equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process and continue to promote an inclusive work environment.
We believe that a diverse team composed of individuals with different perspectives, lived experiences, and identities is essential to achieving our mission and upending old models of selling and sharing art. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are accommodated in the job application and interview process, and in the performance of essential job functions.