Girlboss is a community of strong, curious, and ambitious women redefining success on our own terms. We hope to inform, entertain, and inspire action through the content and experiences we create. We are unapologetic in our beliefs and values of supporting girls and women who are chasing dreams both big and small in a shame-free zone.
We believe in transparency and feedback, taking extreme ownership, being positive problem solvers and infinite learners, under promising and over delivering and having fun along the way.
We are seeking an expert content strategist to join our fast paced and growing team. A media company on the rise, we’re looking for someone excited by startups, empowering women, and the digital community.
Reporting into the CEO, the Director of Content will be responsible for driving the Girlboss mission and vision by leading content and editorial strategy across multiple channels, in a way that will organically add value to the community. Girlboss is looking for an innovative, creative, and engaging leader who will build a team of rockstar in-house content creatives. You will be a key part of the leadership team in scaling Girlboss through this growth stage.
This role will oversee audience development & content strategy across Girlboss channels on email, social, and web.
- Lead editorial content calendar and strategy across multiple channels: blog, newsletter, podcast, social media and future channels
- Grow audience development and engagement among the Girlboss audience across channels
- Manage the Girlboss brand and PR opportunities
- Ideate concepts and develop branded content with Girlboss partners
- Build and lead efficient content operations processes
- Responsible for producing high quality, on brand content that delivers value to our core audience of 2million+
- Lead planning and production of all content, including creating and maintaining budgets, and overseeing production schedules and content calendars
- Work closely with our Director of Brand Partnerships to ensure that we are delivering value to our advertisers
- Capturing a variety of metrics to measure the value of our content, and retooling our approach based on those results
- Management and tracking of creative requests and project briefs, ensuring deadlines are met
- Relentlessly evangelize the Girlboss mission and vision to clients, internal and external stakeholders, and greater business community
- Hire, inspire, and lead a high-performing team of content creatives
- 5+ years experience in content marketing (editorial & content, social media, SEO, SEM, website content, and ability to use digital tools)
- Experience working in media
- 3+ years experience leading and managing team
- Proactive self-starter who possesses strong creative, organizational, and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with copywriting and proofreading skills
- Firm grasp on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, and email marketing
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Embodies our core values and can drive our mission forward with integrity
Don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyway! We are growing fast and hiring currently for multiple positions. We look for core values alignment first and foremost. If you believe you have the grit and curiosity to be successful in this role, we’d love to hear from you.
Girlboss is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on legally protected classes in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws including ethnic origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and gender identity/gender expression. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please reach out to the hiring manager.
We thank you for considering this opportunity and thank everyone who took the time to apply. Please note that due to the high level of applicants only successful applicants will be notified. We appreciate your patience as we review all applications.
Application Closing Date: June 4th
Location: Remote, North America