GitHub is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Product Design team. In this role, you’ll work on finding solutions for challenging customer problems using useful, approachable, and beautiful software interfaces.
The GitHub Product Design Team is a group of talented individuals whose backgrounds are in product design, design systems, design ops, illustration, CSS experts, and engineers with front-end and full-stack experience working in Rails and React.js. You’ll prioritize customer experiences, working closely with system designers, engineers, and product management.
Senior Product designers are embedded in teams along with engineers, product managers, quality, and data science to focus on problem areas like:
- Cross-platform collaborative code editing and review
- Team-specific communication around code and issue tracking
- Nurturing the biggest open-source software communities, whose projects power the internet
- Integrated project management for developers
- Scaling resources for managing teams of people working on software
- Removing friction for developers while they write, review, and deploy their code — wherever they choose to do it
- Extending GitHub with third-party apps and supporting the developers that make them
Additionally, you’ll provide input and feedback that helps influence the direction of design in other areas of GitHub.
You might be a fit if:
- You have 4 years minimum design experience as a product designer.
- You have experience balancing trade-offs between the needs of feature ships with solutions that will last.
- You are organized and are comfortable contributing to multiple design projects.
- You can find the highest impact opportunities and iterate on them quickly while things are in motion.
- You are confident in writing HTML & CSS and are comfortable using Git version control.
- You are a great presenter.
These qualifications will help you stand out:
- You have a technical background or experience working on developer tools.
- Experience designing cross-platform experiences
- You’ve used GitHub before or are familiar with modern developer workflows.
Who We Are:
GitHub is a developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.