GLIDE, a values-first digital creative agency based in Austin, Texas is looking for a WordPress Project Manager. This role is remote and full-time.
ABOUT THE JOB
GLIDE Project Managers are the glue that holds the project team together.
Are you a talented project manager who likes bringing teams together to make things happen? If you thrive in a role where you can lead, empower your team, facilitate client needs, and can communicate well, we want to hear from you!
- Execute the scope of a GLIDE project that goes from planning to launch.
- Lead the project process by working with a team of designers and web developers.
- Build, manage and nurture client relationships.
- Work to find and solve any problems with the function of a project by implementing testing processes and working with developers to address any issues.
- Own the website strategy of your projects and advocate for results backed by data and industry best practices.
- Coordinate a team of GLIDE professionals by developing appropriate task assignments, positive client experiences, and top quality control processes.
- Aim to meet all project goals within the agreed budget of the client and GLIDE; implement change orders when needed.
- Generate weekly project status reports to be presented to clients with detailed data of completed deliverables and current timelines.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE + KNOWLEDGE
- 4+ years of proven experience working in digital marketing or website project management
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Basic web development management experience
- Client management experience
- Extensive experience in setting agendas, timelines, and managing budgets
- Ability to think strategically while pushing along the tactical day today
- Organization and time management skills come naturally for you
- Communication and team management skills
- High level of technical expertise (BONUS if you are Google Analytics certified)
- Previous experience working in a remote/distributed team is a plus
WHY WE’LL LOVE YOU
You say “Hell Yeah!” when reading our core values:
- Build meaningful relationships – You see every day as an opportunity to grow and inspire and celebrate others.
- Love what you do – You do it for the love of the craft and the process and because work excites you.
- Better every day – You’d rather live in the stretch zone than the comfort zone. Trying new things is the only way to grow.
- Deliver faithfully – You set clear and realistic expectations for yourself and others. Then you follow through.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE US
Here are a few reasons we think you’ll love working at GLIDE:
Purpose – Unrelenting focus on our core purpose (to help people who help others)
Freedom – Freedom of time, location, and work hours to balance work and personal life
People – Collaboration with kind-hearted, humble, talented, and hard-working “A” players
Remote – Work from anywhere, travel the world, just get your work done and you’re
Balance – We never ask people to work nights, weekends, or holidays
Growth – We encourage, recognize, and support employee career development
Culture – A flurry of daily, weekly, quarterly and annual fun, and engaging cultural activities
Recognition – 628 encouraging posts in #shoutouts between team members in 2020
G-Labs – Core GLIDE initiative to collaborate, innovate and make a better world
Strategy – We plan and communicate a 10-year target, 3-year picture, and 1-year plan
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
For almost 20 years, our desire to help people who help others remains true. For that reason, GLIDE has always sought to work with startups, nonprofits, and difference-makers—all passionate, all wanting to do amazing things. It’s about giving great ideas and great organizations the exposure they deserve through delightful online digital experiences that are beautiful, useful, and produce lasting value.
We attribute our success and well-being to working with other passionate folks, choosing projects that everyone can rally behind, and fanatically embracing open-source platforms like WordPress. Whether it’s a nonprofit that distributes care boxes to cancer patients or a devilishly good taco maker, GLIDE has had the privilege and honor to work with truly beloved brands like Yeti Coolers, Torchy’s Tacos, iFLY, H.E. Butt Foundation, RetailMeNot, National Breast Cancer Foundation, WP Engine, and many more.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Full-time is 35 hours per week (~30 fewer workdays a year)
Unlimited time off (we aim for 4+ weeks a year)
Generous holidays (~20 days per year)
Sick days for any reason (you, your kids, your loved ones)
Benefits including health, vision, dental, and life
Competitive parental leave policies (for mothers and fathers)
Healthy budgets for conferences, online courses, and books (of your choice)
Company t-shirts, long-sleeves, hoodies, beanies, and other schwag
You’re free to work from anywhere anytime. If you’re outside of the US but can work at least 4+ hours in the US Central time zone from 9 am-6 pm, let’s talk. You should be fluent in English and have a strong wifi signal to support Zoom video chats with our team and clients.
We celebrate our diversity, of nationality, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, lifestyle, location, and more. We believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly encourage people of color, individuals who identify as LGBTQ+, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
No agencies or recruiters, please.