At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their careers.
We pride ourselves on listening to our users and doing everything we can to solve their problems. As a member of our Support team, you’ll represent the customer’s voice across the company. As your knowledge and experience grow, you’ll have opportunities to help inform our product roadmap to ensure we are always building something people want.
We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture, where we hire and develop driven people that share our desire to do the work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback and are devoted to encouraging and supporting each other’s continual professional growth.
You’ll work as part of a wider team of around 40 passionate individuals who work with our UK, European, Australian and North American merchants to solve tough problems and provide world-class service.
In this role you will be primarily providing phone support; you will be handling calls from customers using GoCardless. You will be utilising our in-house systems to handle incoming phone calls and tickets (i.e. emails) and help ensure that you can deliver the best support experience possible.
We’re looking for bright, empathic people to join us and provide first-rate support and guidance primarily to our UK, European, North American and Australian users.
This role is completely remote; you could be based anywhere in the UK. This is a 12-month contract role with the strong possibility of extension or becoming permanent.
We have the following shifts available (completely remote anywhere in the UK):
- Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 6.00 pm; 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday 1.00 pm to 6.00 pm; 25 hour per week (this shift will require you to work full time for the first 3 weeks for onboarding and training purposes)
When applying, please state clearly in a cover letter which shift pattern you are applying for.
Please note: You will be paid right from the first day (i.e. paid training) and we provide all equipment (including a Macbook) that you would require to carry out your job.
The ideal candidate
- previous experience of working with a complex and technical product highly desirable
- previous experience of working in a startup / scale-up is highly desirable
- previous experience of working in a similar role in a contact centre/customer support operations is highly desirable
- previous experience of working in a B2B environment is highly desirable
- proven ability to handle a high volume of calls and consistently meet targets
- previous experience of working remotely is desirable
- you learn quickly and are comfortable with complexity and a technical product
- you love helping people & enjoy working in a truly fast-paced culture and thrive in small teams
- you are organised, reliable, diligent and attentive to detail
- you have a flawless command of English and communicate with clarity
The remote shift(s) require you to have
- a stable and noise-free working environment conducive for serving our customers
- a stable WiFi connection and a backup
- able to work without any interruption to the service we provide
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from underrepresented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process, we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody – regardless of their role – can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally, we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.