At Help Scout we’re passionate about building a brand that champions small businesses. As our Growth Marketer, you’ll take the lead on new growth marketing strategies designed to attract more folks to Help Scout.
If you’re interested in using systematic ways to test experiments and can generate innovative ideas to increase sales, we would like to meet you. As a growth marketing manager, your job is to find the channels and strategies to increase revenue.
Ultimately, you should be able to find new and innovative ways to increase revenue and help meet our company goals.
As a Growth Marketer, you will …
- Create, manage and experiment with new user acquisition campaigns. You’ll work across teams (Product, Services, Sales) to launch and iterate on growth strategies to support Help Scout’s growth goals.
- Prepare and present recommendations, reports, and findings from experimental data all the way up to the executive level.
- Conceive and execute on a wide range of content campaigns to drive engagement and adoption.
- Own your data and find new opportunities. You’ll work with our data team to analyze, monitor, and uncover areas for improvement.
- You have a strong understanding of growth levers, loops and are able to prioritize multiple initiatives based on potential impact.
- You are results-oriented and understand how to define and report on success across multiple initiatives and stages of the funnel.
- You are an outstanding communicator, both verbally and in writing. You have experience working across teams including sales, product, design, and marketing to drive execution on multiple projects.
- We’re a remote-first company and you can work almost anywhere in the world as long as you have at least 4 hours of overlap with your mostly US-based colleagues.
Who you’ll work with
- Jorge Selva— Director of Growth Marketing, you’ll report to him
- plus teammates in Design, Marketing, Sales, Finance, and more!
Competitive salary – Our salary formula is public to all employees (but doesn’t divulge your specific salary) and we update it at least once per year. Your salary is the same no matter where you live. Our goal is to pay at or above the market rate of a US-based tech hub like Boston or Seattle.
Health and dental insurance – We cover you and your family’s health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we’ll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you’re based outside the US, we’ll reimburse your out-of-pocket health and dental insurance costs.
Long-term/short-term disability insurance & life insurance – we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST disability insurance and base life insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider (currently US only).
Flexible vacation – Take time off when you need it! We recommend 3-4 weeks in addition to public holidays, but there are no firm rules. We trust you.
Sabbatical – After you’ve been at Help Scout for 4 years, you get a month of paid vacation (in addition to regular vacation) and $2,500 to spend towards travel, learning, projects or anything else during your time off. Read about what our CEO did.
Paid parental leave, including adoption – 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
401k with 1% match– via Betterment for Business (currently the US only)
Personal Development stipend – Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
Set you up for success — we’ll get every new teammate a Mac laptop or equivalent of their choice, and provide a $1500 stipend so you can feel ready to work from home. We also cover up to $350 USD per month if you’d like to rent a co-working desk somewhere.
Complete transparency – Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Help Scout is made by roughly 110 people in 80+ cities around the world, all with a passion for helping others. We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by an enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences. Help Scout launched in 2011 and today we have more than 10,000 paying customers in 140+ countries.
Why Help Scout?
We’re remote. It doesn’t matter if you’ve worked remotely before — we’ve been doing it for nearly a decade and are helping to write the playbook — we’re happy to show you the ropes. Most folks that get a taste of working in a “remote first” company have a hard time going back to the old way of doing things.
We’re passionate about diversity and inclusion. The data is abundantly clear about diverse teams being more successful, and we’re dedicated to setting the team up for success. Today our leadership team is 62% women, and that’s just the start. Here’s our DEI Dashboard where you can see all of our team demographic data and read about our commitment to this work.
We’re committed to SMBs for the long term. Help Scout is focused entirely on serving small and midsize businesses, typically up to 500 employees, because those companies view customer service differently. It’s not a cost to be optimized, it’s their most effective marketing tool and a key differentiator from the competition. We built Help Scout for companies that truly value being customer-centric (like us) and want a product that shares their values.
We’re leaving the world better than we found it. Did you know Help Scout is a certified B Corporation, with a mission to give away at least 1% of our product through Help Scout for Good? Our company exists not just to help ourselves, but to invest in our team, our customers, our community, and our environment.
Our commitment to you
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We have read the studies and understand that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a company’s financial success and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees, but the bottom line is that it’s the right thing to do.