Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping, glamping, and RVing. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
Hipcamp’s Marketing mission is to connect people with the magic of the outdoors. We make Hipcamp successful by understanding our users and inspiring them to engage with our platform. We’re responsible for all of Hipcamp’s marketing activities to Hipcampers (our consumers) and Hosts (the wonderful people who share their land on our platform).
About the role
In this role, you will strengthen Hipcamp’s organic growth across new and existing markets. As an SEO Consultant, you’ll be responsible for monitoring SEO performance and using data insights to uncover opportunities and develop strategy. You’ll work closely with the Marketing team and collaborate with Engineering teams to properly implement SEO best practices. Through analysis and strategy-setting, you’ll ultimately work to drive users to discover Hipcamp and find the best ways to get outside.
What success looks like
- Partnering with the Managing Editor to develop and implement SEO strategies across content programming
- Using data-driven insights to identify trends and provide actionable recommendations
- Performing ongoing keyword research and competitor analysis to identify opportunities and assess risks
- Identifying and understanding content gaps and experiment opportunities
- Monitoring and reporting on search performance across platforms, content types, and locales to measure success
- Tracking algorithm changes and SERP volatility
- Performing site evaluations to raise technical opportunities and issues
What sets you up for success
- 3 years in SEO analysis or consulting
- Proven experience in increasing organic search traffic
- A keen understanding of top and bottom-line SEO metrics
- Working knowledge of the ever-changing SEO landscape
- Excellent web analytics skills (Google Analytics and Search Console, SQL, Looker) and a passion for data
- Experience with SEO tools such as SEMRush, Linkdex, etc.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Comfort working in fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Passion for our mission
About our work environment
We believe that clearly defined goals combined with great people, empowerment, and autonomy create the best results. We feel confident that inclusive and diverse teams working on an important cause can accomplish extraordinary things.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.