Hometime is the largest and fastest-growing platform for flexible rental providers in the APAC region.
We partner with local hosting businesses and empower them with industry-leading technology, supporting infrastructure and scale normally reserved for large companies. Our unique business model means that our local Partners’ success is our success, which we strive for across all teams on a daily basis.
We currently operate throughout Australia and New Zealand, and our team is growing fast as we consistently add new markets.
About the role
Day to day you’ll be:
- Analyzing pricing data, including exploratory analysis to find relevant patterns, trends, and anomalies in data
- Developing and running advanced scenario modelling to avoid costly mistakes or missed opportunities
- Monitoring industry trends and pricing strategies of competitors to help determine and set competitive prices
- Determining and implementing pricing strategies across various channels
- Developing automation tools to enable informed decision making and improved agility in responding to a shifting competitive environment and market conditions
- Presenting findings and recommendations to key stakeholders by translating complex data into actionable strategies and techniques to maximize revenue
- Creating Property Earnings Estimates for potential Hometime customers in close collaboration with the Hometime Sales Team
- Responding to Partner queries and providing supplementary support as required
This means you’ll be actively contributing to our mission to empower a global network of micro-entrepreneurs to build successful hosting businesses, by taking a leading role in creating and implementing pricing strategies to maximize revenue as well as assisting in scaling our centralized Pricing & Revenue Management systems & processes to effectively serve our growing portfolio of Partners and their properties.
We value transferable skills and strengths over experience. We’re looking for someone who ticks off most of the boxes below, but we don’t mind where you developed these skills. This role could be performed remotely as long as you have a good internet connection and are able to have a 50% overlap of Australian business hours.
- Data analysis: You are able to use a number of quantitative and qualitative methods to analyze data in order to gain a complete picture of effective pricing strategies
- Analytical thinking: You are highly analytical with a knack for structured, systematic thinking and statistics
- Technical expertise: You bring a passion for technology and advanced data solutions, such as data mining, classification, and machine-learning
- Communication: You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, enabling you to report and present complex information to any audience
- A data-centric approach to solving problems
- Experience using BI tools
- Strong numeracy skills
- Time management, prioritization and business judgment skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Strong attention to detail
- A strong team player who inspires and motivates those around them
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a resourceful and results-driven can-do attitude
Nice to have
- Tertiary qualification in mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, or in a related field
- Understanding of the core principles of Airbnb
- Australia / New Zealand market knowledge
About our Company & Culture:
You will get a competitive salary, paid time off once eligible, and control over your day
We empower people to do their best work in the locations and setting that suits them – whether this is at home or in a coworking space; we’ll make it work
- Community & transparency
We believe a great business starts with great people and we leverage talent across the organization to drive our strategy, solve complex scaling challenges and adapt to the market
We have a fantastic team who are genuinely a pleasure to work with
- Career Growth
Incredible learning opportunities in building and scaling a hyper-growth technology business
Our success depends on your success