To help businesses save time and money, and unleash their human potential. Our vision is to power and empowers millions of businesses with our software.
About Jibble Group
We’re a scale-up in the Workforce Management space that has fully embraced remote work since 2017. Headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, we have close to 90 staff in 13 different countries.
We launched PayrollPanda.my and Jibble.io in 2016 and 2017 respectively. PayrollPanda has become Malaysia’s leading cloud payroll software, and Jibble an award-winning time clock solution, targeting the fastest-growing region in the world – South-East Asia.
We are one of the leading HR SaaS businesses in South-East Asia, with 4,000+ paying customers across 50+ different markets.
About The Job
We’re looking for a mid-level back-end developer to contribute to the 2.0 version of PayrollPanda, which is being built on .NET Core. The PayrollPanda 2.0 product is close to a public beta/working prototype, with initial development having started in October 2020.
As part of an ambitious team, you’ll work with a cutting-edge tech stack. Continuous learning and applying new and emerging technologies and methodologies make this an exciting opportunity for you to expand and deepen your skills on the job.
You will be working in a team of 6 engineers from 4 different countries, operating in bi-weekly sprints with daily stand-ups. We apply Kanban methodology in the development process and impact is continuously measured.
Besides back-end development, you will be deeply involved in the design process – offering feedback and input in meetings with product managers and designers when planning new features and products.
The position offers a competitive salary, paid holidays, and a fully remote work environment. When possible, we organize annual meetups in varying locations to work and socialize with the entire team.
Who we are looking for
- At least 3+ years of commercial development experience
- At least 2+ years of .NET & C# experience, preferably with .NET Core
- At least 2+ years of SQL experience, preferably with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Message Broker (preferably RabbitMQ) and AWS Cloud is an advantage
- Experience working in remote teams is an advantage
- Agile (Kanban) software development experience
- Located within UTC – UTC+8 time zones
Your responsibilities will include
- Building PayrollPanda 2.0 using the ASP.NET Core tech stack
- Improving existing features of the product and work on new features as we continue to scale
- Ensuring code quality and standards while meeting deadlines and delivering targets set by the product team
- Working closely with product managers and data analysts to improve the overall product, the design team to improve the user experience, and front-end team for design implementation
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary package
- Fully remote work environment
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible annual leave policy
- Annual product team meetups
- Personal development budget
- Annual device reimbursement budget
Our Tech Stack and Tools
- Microservice API based on .NET Core 3.1
- Relational Database PostgreSQL
- Deployment on AWS Elastic Container Service
- Vue 2 with Composition API, fully typed using TypeScript
- Vuetify as Material Design framework
- UI/UX Designs in Figma
- Atlassian Jira for ticket & sprint management
- Atlassian Confluence for written specifications and documentation
- Slack for any kind of team communication
Our Joel Test Score
- Source control
- One-step build
- Daily builds
- Bug database
- Fix bugs before writing new code
- Up-to-date schedule
- Quiet working conditions
- Best tools money can buy
- Hallway usability testing
USD2,500 – USD3,000