Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development & Support Agency with a fully distributed team of 45+ people who are experts in Drupal & WordPress.
Our clients have a mission; we design, build and support websites that help their mission thrive.
But we want our employees to thrive as well. Because our team members do great work for great clients, Kanopi works hard to support them in their career as they continue to create a better web.
Kanopi strives to be a place where clients and employees alike feel connected, supported, empowered, and delighted by the day-to-day operations. We believe that treating people well creates long-lasting relationships and positive outcomes.
And it works: staff retention is 95%, and 95% of our business comes from word of mouth and referrals.
As a result, our business continues to grow, and so must our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as a Technical Project Manager.
ABOUT THE JOB
Please note: you must have experience working at a Digital/Website Agency as a Project Manager or similar Technical Role to apply for this job. Drupal/WordPress experience preferred. Due to the volume of inquiries, we are unable to respond to unqualified candidates.
As a Technical Project Manager, your typical day may include:
- Working with developers to understand technical concepts, and translating those concepts into layman’s terms for our clients.
- Collaborate with Kanopi Project Managers, Technical Leads, Developers, and UX/UI resources to understand business requirements.
- Onboard to new and existing accounts; understanding business needs and goals.
- Understanding a client’s business needs and being able to clearly convey those to Kanopi team members
- Participate in regular business meetings with clients; articulating next steps, demonstrating new features and functionality, and proactively identifying needs
- Curating a backlog of work for each project; ensuring project teams have the clear information they need, working with clients to fill in any gaps, and prioritizing as needed
- Identifying and sharing potential larger projects with the Management team or strategically determining when a larger initiative would be beneficial for the account
- Critically evaluating tasks to ensure the ask is the right solution
- Expediting urgent requests or needs, and prioritizing work accordingly
- Carefully monitoring budgets and timelines to ensure tasks are completed on-budget, and on-time; keeping clients and Kanopi management in the know by reporting with hours and progress updates on a regular basis
- Working with clients and project teams to remove barriers to completing work
- Explaining complex technical concepts to clients using clear non-technical language
- Forecasting and resourcing appropriate Kanopi team members based on a project’s needs; including front-end/back-end developers, UX strategists, and designers
- Gaining a deep understanding of the clients’ web properties you manage to anticipate and recommend appropriate needs to clients
- Reviewing completed work (designs, documents, development work) to ensure a standard or quality before clients review
- Demonstrating good time management skills to stay on top of your workload and the team members’ you are managing
- Knowing when to push back on behalf of Kanopi’s best interests, and when to escalate situations to the attention of Management
- Maintaining a calm demeanour when in stressful or high-pressure situations
- Assisting in the overall process of making the company awesome by building repeatable patterns for success and happiness
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This position is full-time. Salary and compensation are commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
NOW… LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who…
- Have agency Project Management experience working with Drupal and/or WordPress
- Have experience troubleshooting bugs, working with site configurations, and understand key features and functionality within Drupal and WordPress
- Have experience managing a web build project throughout its full life cycle
- Have experience managing and working with distributed project teams
- Have experience forecasting development project resources
- Understand the core aspects of managing content within Drupal and WordPress
- Have used ticketing systems to outline, prioritize, and queue work for development teams
- Can demonstrate an ability to set priorities and communicate changes to both the development team and account manager
- Can work well under pressure within a fast-paced environment on multiple projects
- Have the ability to manage the day-to-day delivery of engagements, risk mitigation, issue tracking, change management, and escalations
- Possess strong problem-solving abilities, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Have a passion for the web, for open source development, and for working with a bunch of fun, humorous people
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess an awareness of best practices with respect to performance, configuration, and development
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
If you think this post was written just for you, here’s what to do next:
- Submit your resume.
- Send us a cover letter, including your answer to the question below.
Now… About that cover letter… This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer this question: What is your favorite piece of technology?
Our screening process takes a bit of time because we like to ensure that you are the perfect fit for us, and we are the perfect fit for you! After we’ve taken a look at your application, we will send you a series of questions that will help us get to know you better. From there, you will engage in several interviews with members of our team, and a skills assessment or two in order to take a look at how you do the things you do! Some candidates may even do a mini-project, depending on the role you are interviewing for. We’ll be happy to explain a bit more once we’re in the interview stage.
Please note – we try to make an effort to contact every applicant to let you know the status of your application, but we are human, so if you don’t hear from us, drop us a line!
Fully Remote: Work where and when you do your best. It’s about feeling connected to others, having a flexible schedule and staying healthy.
Top Talent: Since we are not limited by walls, our ability to hire the best is limitless. Collaborate, learn and surround yourself with a strongly skilled and diverse team.
Travel: Love to see the world? So do we. Just find a place with good wifi, get connected and make great work happen!
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants (for consideration, applicants must live in the US or Canada).