Who we are:
We are industry veterans and data-scientists using innovative technology to fearlessly reinvent the future of freight. As the ‘nerds of logistics’, we seek intelligence in data to solve deep-rooted inefficiencies in the industry. We give shippers, brokers and carriers access to our data connections that link supply and demand and a suite of award-winning solutions to strike the perfect balance of cost and service. We’re creating a more efficient and environmentally responsible way to move more with less.
Who you are:
You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimaging a 700 billion dollar industry. You are an analytical person with a solid understanding of business and the impact that analysis plays in a company’s growth.
We are looking for an experienced Business Data / BI Analyst to join our BI Team, working remotely from Lat-Am. You will partner with leaders across the business to create, conceptualize, design, produce and be a reference in our company for advanced data solutions/analyses/studies/insights that will have a direct impact on Loadsmart’s decision making.
- Understand business needs and opportunities that can be addressed using data and advanced analytics.
- Define business outcomes, draw hypotheses and transform into advanced analytics solutions (e.g.: predictive analytics, prescriptive analytics, machine learning models, data science tools and techniques, etc).
- Develop the solution and/or interface with Data Engineers, as appropriate, validate and follow-up with stakeholders to ensure business outcomes are being achieved, and iterate as needed.
- Ensure alignment and manage stakeholders expectations on everything associated with the task at hand.
- Prepare and present the conclusions and/or recommendations using the most proper method for each situation.
- Interface with department heads, c-suite and founders.
- Be a reference in the company and in the BI team for advanced analytics. Disseminate the techniques and coach the team.
- Design and build data warehouse models.
- Identify the needs for new metrics, propose, design and implement them, and work with the Data Engineer, as appropriate.
- You’re fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Please submit your resume in English. Any other language will be rejected.
- Deep experience in consulting for analytics (requirements, planning, execution, manage stakeholders expectation, results).
- Experience developing predictive, prescriptive models, machine learning models for BI.
- Deep experience working with Power BI or similar tools.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Advanced SQL.
- Deep experience in one more language/scripts for data analysis (e.g.: R, Python, etc).
Preferred but not required:
- Storytelling with data.
- Experience designing and building data warehouse models.
- Good prioritization and time management.
Because we are an international company, we only accept resumes in English.
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.