Makrwatch’s vision is to create financial opportunities for hundreds of thousands of content creators around the world, regardless of their location.
Makrwatch engineers develop next-generation solutions that improve how brands discover, evaluate, and collaborate with YouTube creators. Our products handle massive amounts of information and process video, audio, and text to discover insights and patterns that help brands understand their audience and how creators can interact better with them.
As a senior software engineer, you work with a small team and challenge yourself to solve complex projects that help our startup achieve results that traditionally required large teams. We need our engineers to be communicative, resourceful, fast learners, creative, and enthusiastic about using the latest technologies to create solutions that multiply our customers’ success. You manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain software solutions. The ideal candidate will have strong backend experience developing complex APIs that can efficiently handle large amounts of requests and data, but can also dabble in frontend development if needed!
Makrwatch, launched less than 4 years ago, already has multiple media agencies and brands using it to improve their collaborations with YouTube creators. We believe video will grow exponentially over the coming years. Together we will help marketing evolve to become more transparent, sustainable, and focused on improving people’s lives.
- Write server-side code to integrate third-party services (e.g. Google Cloud APIs, YouTube API, Auth0, Bitly).
- Create code to interact with relational and non-relational databases.
- Build unit and integration tests.
- Help with the technical design of some features.
- Provide feedback on the work of junior engineers.
- Help with frontend tasks if needed.
- Analyze client data to find trends and exploitable areas to make campaigns extremely efficient.
- Take on tasks as required, following through to completion despite roadblocks or distractions.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Understand our client’s business.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related areas. Practical experience or high-end Bootcamp experience also works.
- Backend development experience (5-8 years).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-group, and cross-culture collaboration.
- Interest in and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Versatility to work in different areas of the development process (Front end, back end, data analysis)
- Exceptional speaking, written, and communication skills in English. Minimum proficiency level B2.
- Experience with Python 3.6+.
- Knowledge of data science
- Experience with cloud computing services like AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience working remotely.
- Autonomy & Impact
We are a small, 18-person company which means you’ll have a ton of responsibility from day 1. Your voice will be heard and matter!
- Complete Location Independence
Pick anywhere you want to work from within the GMT-9 and GMT+3 time zones, as long as you have a fast, stable WiFi connection! A good office chair also helps!
- Work Schedule Flexibility
Night owl? Morning Lark? Work whenever you feel most productive! Need to take a midday break for yoga, basketball, or dance class? No problem!
- Remote Office Compensation
Trying to improve your remote life? We’ll give you a budget every month to facilitate it!
- 32 Paid Vacation Days per Year
Decide when you take your vacation and days off, so you can choose to work on your local holidays, or take them off!
- Generous Parental Leave
Starting or expanding your family? Congrats! We’ll support you by giving you flexible and generous time off to be with your child.
- Study Time
We know you can’t be an expert on everything to tackle new challenges, so we highly encourage our team to spend a few hours every week studying & learning new skills.
- Yearly Retreat
Once a year, we fly everyone in the team to a new location to meet, plan the company’s strategy for the year, and of course, hang out and have fun together. It’s an exciting opportunity for everyone to get together and get to know each other better.
- Tech Help
We provide different plans to assist you in acquiring all the necessary technology hardware and software you’ll need for your best work!
Curious to see what current and past Makrwatch team members had to say about working at the company? Check out our latest reviews on Glassdoor!
At Makrwatch we learn from our differences, embrace them and are grateful for them, as they benefit our employees, our customers, and our products. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.