Make cities more responsive, so they are safer, healthier, and more equitable for the people who live in them.
Numina makes a hardware and software platform that uses computer vision to help urban planners and municipal governments design better (safer) streets and public places. We sense bicycle, pedestrian, and other street traffic, and convert this data into real-time intelligence — without surveillance — to enable all sorts of partners in automation, autonomy, and development in the public right-of-way. We are looking for passionate people who would like to join us as we pursue our shared vision of more responsive cities.
As the Project Manager, you will ensure the success of Numina projects around the world: from planning and installation, through customer feedback and problem solving, to expansion and public-facing outcomes. You will wear many hats spanning product operations, logistics, and account management. You will empower your teammates to deliver great Numina product experiences, ensure good governance/reporting practices to stakeholders, and inform how we develop new features to better serve our market. The Project Manager will report to the CEO and work closely with the Growth and Engineering Teams while managing communications with customers and project stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL DO HERE:
- Create and maintain systems that document project statuses and communicate responsibilities across our team, to ensure seamless execution and wonderful customer experiences.
- Make sure all current and future customers have completed onboarding.
- Help generate project proposals and occasional permit applications.
- Coordinate logistics and meetings for project installations, customer onboarding, and ongoing engagement and customer success activities.
- Work directly with customers to understand questions about their data and requests for product features, and translate this information to our product team.
- Respond to support tickets, and perform simple technical processes (e.g. run pre-formatted reports) to answer customer inquiries.
- Help identify high-value improvements and new features for our products.
- Collaboratively construct team roadmaps and hold team members accountable to deliverables.
- Contribute to written content (memos, case studies, blog posts, press releases, etc.).
WHO YOU ARE:
You are a listener who seeks to understand complex problems and solve them. You care about cities, transportation access, bicycling, and/or vibrant neighborhoods. Like us, you value creativity, curiosity, and intellectual honesty, and you are committed to solving problems with us as a team. Your desire to have a huge impact motivates you to join a small, incredibly productive team and do extraordinary things. You have the following skills and competencies:
- Impeccable organization skills.
- Multi-tasking, dynamically re-prioritizing to meet the day’s (and year’s) goals, and translating between stakeholder groups.
- Strong documentation skills, clear communication, and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Motivating others, on internal and external teams, to do what is needed to push projects forward.
- A “Figure it out” attitude.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, maps, and timelines.
Additional experience or skills that could be helpful:
- Public sector or startup experience.
- Technical background, especially with any of the following fields: software development, data science, computer vision / AI / Machine learning, hardware or IoT, urban planning or transportation sector, cartography, data privacy, or public policy.
- You speak another language or are interested in other cultures! Both domestically and internationally, the Project Manager will work across a diversity of communities.
WHO WE ARE:
We strive to be a team of positive, open-minded, respectful, resilient, dedicated, accountable, logical, creative, and empathetic people. We spend our days building an amazing product that makes a real difference in the world. We are a remote-first, distributed team, with an optional office in Brooklyn, New York. We are committed to seeking and sustaining diverse perspectives on our team. We encourage women, people of colour, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and others from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are backed by investors including beta works, Shasta Ventures, Elemental Excelerator, URBAN-X (MINI BMW), and accomplished entrepreneur-angels. Past projects have been supported by The Clinton Foundation, The Knight Foundation, and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. We are a small, mission-driven company that is growing quickly. If you’d like to join our laser-focused and fast-paced team, we enthusiastically invite you to apply.