Offensive Security (OffSec) is the world’s most trusted provider of cybersecurity training and certification. Our rigorous training programs are industry-standard and our certified alumni highly sought-after. We help businesses, government, and educational institutions become more secure. We help individuals enter or advance their careers in cybersecurity.
Built upon the belief that the only way to achieve sound defensive security is to take an offensive approach, we help people develop the Try Harder mindset with hands-on, real-world labs, and equip them with the skills to succeed in tackling the challenges of cybersecurity in everyday life and work. Our mission is to empower the world to fight cyber threats by inspiring the Try Harder mindset.
Excited about our mission and what we do? Apply and join us!
Offensive Security is looking for an innovative and results-oriented Content Developer to join our international team. Content Developer will be responsible for identifying, creating, developing and refreshing content for our live, online courses and certifications. The successful candidate will have detailed familiarity with Offensive Security course materials and experience in creating content for an online course environment. We are looking for someone who is creative, detail-oriented and has the ability to organize, set priorities, and manage several projects at once, with minimal supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the team to develop course materials for online and live training use
- Participate in and contribute to formal/informal technical reviews and presentations
- Work with SMEs to re-purpose content into different formats as required to support various course delivery (i.e. video scripts, live training, classroom schedules, etc.)
- Structure existing content to create the best possible experience for a global audience
- Perform periodic refresh of existing course material
- Prepare detailed scripts for video tutorials
- Develop content to be used for promotional purposes for individual classes and the company overall (ie. Blog posts, public POCs, etc.)
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Web application testing experience preferred
- Penetration testing experience preferred
- Strong background in open source technologies
- Intimate knowledge and experience with Active Directory in a consulting environment
- Strong command of the English language
- Highly effective writing skills which include a high level of detail
- Ability to effectively communicate well among varied audiences
- Curriculum development experience preferred
- Track record creating content for online courses is preferred
- Experience collaborating across cultures, continents and time-zones
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to contribute to a collaborative and professional team environment
- Excellent research skills (data, fact-checking)
This role is a full-time salaried position. Work hours for this position are flexible and will be performed from a home office.