At Pento we’re building a better, faster, and more modern way for companies to run and automate payroll. We are looking for an experienced and results-driven Head of Marketing to own Pento’s customer-centric revenue marketing strategies. You are an experimenter, a brand builder and a results-oriented leader who sees marketing as a critical and accountable revenue-driving business function.
This is an exciting role with a great opportunity to build a growth machine for a painkiller SaaS product, where you will be responsible for identifying, implementing, tracking, and optimising impactful marketing campaigns across multiple channels.
As our first marketing hire you will have a solid marketing background in B2B SaaS and work experience running end-to-end projects aimed at generating leads and growing revenue.
You will be working closely with our CEO (👋Jonas ) and alongside our Sales and Product team to continuously optimise every aspect of our marketing and sales funnel.
- Own the acquisition pipeline by delivering leads into the pipeline and tracking their lifecycle through to bookings to consistently improve on ROI and conversion efficiency;
- Focus on key priorities to plan, organise, schedule, and budget marketing efforts in an efficient, productive manner;
- Develop new marketing tactics, including testing new channels and opportunities for growth to generate marketing qualified leads in a predictable way;
- Integrate brand building and content into our acquisition strategy, by creating content, interviewing customers or iterating our website (we use Webflow!);
- Implement product marketing fundamentals;
- Develop Pento’s product positioning, messaging and proposition, ensuring it’s aligned across all mediums;
- Manage and improve online content;
- Constantly optimise the performance of campaigns, driving growth and maximising conversion rates;
- Monitor our key performance metrics and continuously work on improving their performance;
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand our outreach;
- Set current and long-term goals for the marketing function;
- Monitor competition and provide + execute on ideas to stand out;
- Work closely with our sales team to drive product awareness and increase revenue.
A bit about you
- B2B SaaS work experience at a fast-growing startup;
- You have been responsible for your MQL target and have built a repeatable process to hit it consistently;
- You have successfully implemented campaigns, aimed at revenue growth;
- Solid experience with tracking, workflows, and automation via products like Zapier, Hubspot, Segment, Amplemarket, and similar;
- Able to think both creatively and analytically to deliver compelling strategic initiatives;
- Strategic mindset, you are able to make difficult decisions, at times with less information than you’d like;
- Good understanding of SaaS economics such as LTV, CAC, payback time etc.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats, you thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
What can you expect
- Competitive salary;
- An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success;
- Tech and equipment of your choice;
- The opportunity to join an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory;
- Remote working (within +/-3 CET timezone) and flexibility.
What it’s like working at Pento
We’re a technology company, not accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We build beautiful payroll software that automates all manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no e-mails, and no manual bank transfers. We’ve built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically.
You can see a short video by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here:
Why now is a really exciting time to join
- The UK payroll process hasn’t been disrupted since… ever
- Every company runs payroll, but very few companies are happy with their current process
- Pento makes payroll up to 80% more efficient (we are probably conservative here)
- We already see strong inbound demand from companies all over the UK
- Our customers love Pento – our NPS is above 70 (check our Trustpilot by the way)
We’re a remote-first company and a diverse group of people. We believe in inclusiveness and are committed to building a team as diverse as the people we create our product for, representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We welcome applications from everyone – regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
We don’t believe hiring is a tick boxing exercise, so if you feel you don’t match the job description 100%, but would still be a great fit for the role, please get in touch!