Postscript is redefining marketing for e-commerce companies. By introducing SMS as an entirely new channel for e-commerce stores to engage, retain, and convert their customer base, brands are seeing huge ROI with Postscript. Backed by Y Combinator and other top investors, Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help build a world-class go-to-market (GTM) organization.
As Engineering Manager at Postscript, you will lead highly skilled engineers across our cross-functional engineering teams. Engineering Managers at Postscript lead complex initiatives and act as the technical subject matter expert in all areas of software architecture, design, implementation, deployment, and support. Our application stack is Python (Flask) with a PostgreSQL database hosted on AWS on the backend, and our frontend is React JS. You will ensure that the applications your team owns scale with our business and follow technical best practices. You will play a key role in growing Postscript’s engineering team by hiring and onboarding new engineers and building processes that enable the team to iterate rapidly. All positions at Postscript are fully remote.
- Lead a team of engineers at Postscript to build great products in line with our product roadmap. Directly manage engineering team members and ensure that your entire team is continually enabled to do their best work
- Recruit and hire engineers on your team and on other teams., Raise and advocate new positions on your team, and directly participate in the screening and evaluation of candidates
- Collaborate with product managers, business stakeholders, designers, and others to plan and execute work
- Carry out performance management duties for your direct reports via just in time feedback, 1:1s, annual reviews, and continuous improvement opportunities
- Consistently provide ongoing technical mentorship and general professional development for your direct reports and other engineers at Postscript
- Establish and continually improve development and team processes that yield maximum efficiency in day-to-day engineering operations
- Partner with Lead Engineers and technical experts in the organization to develop technical roadmaps and complete technical initiatives to enable engineering efficiency, handle the growth of our platform’s scale, and improve velocity
What We’ll Love About You
- 2+ years of experience directly managing engineers
- 3+ years experience building full-stack web applications
- Demonstrated experience recruiting and onboarding engineers
- Clear passion for people, management, and enabling people to do their best work
- Experience and demonstrated passion for delivering great products (SaaS or e-commerce experience preferred)
- Early-stage/high growth experience preferred
What You’ll Love About Us
- High growth startup – plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Fully remote culture – work from home (or wherever!)
- Fun – We’re passionate and enjoy what we do
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend