One platform, a whole world of opportunity
Right now, the best jobs are limited to people in a handful of the world’s wealthiest cities, yet brilliant people are everywhere. Driven to overturn the status quo and distribute opportunities equally around the world, Oyster launched its global employment platform to help companies hire, pay, and care for talent anywhere.
When it comes to global employment, we walk the walk. We’re proof that companies don’t need an office to create a highly-engaged culture. Since the company’s inception in January 2020, Oyster has:
- Created a fully-distributed, vibrant team of 500+ employees across 60+ countries
- Established a diverse leadership team and an employee base that’s 60% female
- Achieved one of the highest employee engagement scores in its class
- Raised $150 million in Series C funding at a valuation of over $1 billion!
Our momentum speaks to the power of global employment—and we’re just getting started! If you want to change the world with Oyster and be empowered to work remotely while doing so, we’d love for you to apply!
Location: While this position is posted in a specific location, all of Oyster’s positions are fully remote and you can work from home. Forever.
To create the best experience for our new hire (you?!) this role does require that you are based within +7 / -7 UTC
Oyster is growing fast, and we are hiring a Program Manager to support the Revenue Operations (RevOps) team. RevOps is part of the Sales & Partnerships department.
As the Program Manager, you will manage complex business-critical initiatives across the revenue teams. You’ll be responsible for the governance and program management of several projects within the Sales & Partnerships org, in collaboration with all other departments at Oyster to ensure that cross-functional programs achieve targets.
What you’ll do…
- Project Management
- Responsible for defining the scope, kicking-off, managing, and executing every phase of complex departmental programs, specifically:
- Drive vision for program towards clear business objectives, scope, requirements & success criteria
- Track and report status and progress of all streams of work, highlighting where required, risk/issues to governance groups or team members
- Create clear planning documents in collaboration with other departments
- Enable team members & leaders from involved departments to make informed decisions
- Productively interact with and manage senior stakeholders (VP level)
- Work in partnership with leadership to ensure resources are allocated to the right work, within headcount and P&L budget
- Accountable for the tracking and reporting of business and financial objectives of programs
- Owns the governance calendar and processes for the projects in the portfolio
- Facilitates program meetings and steering committees – agenda, facilitation, minutes, next steps, and tracking
- Holds teams/colleagues accountable for next steps and objectives, records where these have been missed
What We’re looking for
- 5+ years of program management and project management experience, preferably having a background in Agile Project management, PMI certification, and/or LEAN
- Experience at a high-growth SaaS startup.
- Asana power user (We use it to track everything we work on)
- Highly structured, results-driven & eager to make an impact
- Interpersonal skills focused on collaboration, building links and relationships within diverse teams, across organizations,s and outside
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with proven stakeholder management; proactively manage a large number of stakeholders
- Outstanding problem-solving capabilities: the ability to break up a complex problem into actionable and easy-to-understand solutions
- Analytical skills and master data handling, able to tell a clear story with data/insights
- Able to function well within ambiguity and in a constantly changing environment
You’ll also need…
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one)
- Fluent English language skills
How we work together at Oyster
Our values guide the work we do, the decisions we make, and the culture that makes us special. We elevate talent. We build trust. We thrive together.
Our mission is to create a more equal world—one global hire at a time. Everything we do ladders up to our mission—and that doesn’t just mean building software. We develop programs, participate in workshops, and create dedicated teams to ensure we successfully support companies and knowledge workers in this new world of work.
We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work—and we share how we work in the Oyster Public HQ —to help other global teams learn from our experiences.
How YOU work
Different countries have different statutory benefits, different cultures have different norms, and different people have different needs! In order to best support and encourage our diverse team, we’ve created How YOU Work; a program of policies, practices, and perks to support your whole human experience as an employee at Oyster.
- Work from anywhere: Oyster is a borderless, HQ-less company. As long as your work gets done on time, your team has the support they need, and you’re authorized to work where you live, the world is truly your Oyster.
- Paid time off: We’re all about taking breaks—we all need it. Oyster provides employees with 40 days off each year, which includes public/bank holidays and vacation/holiday leave (unless your country mandates more).
- Mental health support: We consider your mental health a top priority. We offer access to Plumm, a mental well-being service, to support your mental health.
- Wellbeing allowance: Each month, Oyster will top up your Juno wallet with a well-being allowance. Juno Points can be applied to anything that helps you show up to work as your best self, whether that’s your internet bill, a class, gym membership, or houseplants. The choices are endless!
- Flexible parental leave: Families are created in lots of different ways. Our parental leave policy applies to all employees who are becoming parents, regardless of how they become a parent. Oysters are eligible for a minimum of three months of paid parental leave and your job will be held for 12 months (or longer if required by local jurisdiction).
- WFH stipend: We give you a laptop and $1500 for equipment so you can have your remote office up and running in no time. Check out Equipment at Oyster for more details.
The best jobs should be available to everyone
At Oyster, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences and we’ve intentionally built our product and our company with an inclusive, global mindset. We know from experience that people from underrepresented groups often don’t apply for roles they don’t feel they meet all the criteria for. We’re committed to elevating talent by creating a trust-based environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We’d love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
Oyster is committed to ensuring equal opportunity of employment for qualified persons with disabilities and actively fosters an inclusive work environment. Please email email@example.com with the subject line: Interview Accommodations if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.