We seek a passionate and talented Data Scientist to drive various data analytics projects for Protocol Labs and its ecosystem as part of CryptoEconLab.
Cryptoeconomics Lab at PL aspires to become a research hub for research on economic incentives, coordination games, and novel marketplaces. We aim to develop capacity to design, validate, deploy and govern large-scale economic systems. CryptoEconLab strives to empower projects in the ecosystem through novel incentives and advance humanity’s understanding of multiagent systems and algorithmic steering of economic networks.
As a CryptoEconLab Data Scientist, you will
- Study and analyze the real-life deployment of the IPLD, libp2p, IPFS, and Filecoin protocols and propose improvements to them.
- Collect, process, and analyze data to derive insights and make recommendations to business strategies and protocol governance.
- Design and develop predictive models and algorithms for ecosystem growth and governance.
- Analyze and validate designs of new crypto-economic systems.
- Work with stakeholders in the ecosystem to drive growth and enable new opportunities.
- Work in a fully asynchronous and remote team.
- BS/MS in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Network Science or a related field, or extensive practical experience.
- Strong experience and familiarity with a variety of data mining/data analysis tools, techniques, and concepts.
- Experienced with implementing models, simulations, and data visualization and using distributed data/computing tools.
- Track record of driving business results with data-driven insights.
- Passionate about deriving insights from large datasets and work with different teams to improve outcomes and processes.
- Comfortable with publishing analysis and inspiring others to participate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and chart new territories.
Highly-Valued Bonus Points
- PhD in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Network Science or a related field.
- Prior experience with robotics, network analytics or financial mathematics.
- Familiarity with Web3 ecosystem and blockchain technologies.
- Prior entrepreneurial experience.
- Knowledge of security and cryptography.
- Proven experience in developing robust, reusable, and maintainable code.
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.