$65k – $85k • 0.0% – 0.1%
Are you obsessed with user experience and think simplicity is hard-won elegance? Do you feel empathy and compassion are critical to making sustainable business decisions? Do evidence-based decision-making and UX optimization thrill your creative heart? Perhaps most importantly, do you think the power of the story makes us feel more connected and bonded with the ones we love? Then we’re looking for you!
Qeepsake’s mission is to help all kinds of families capture and tell their stories. It’s never been more important to invest in what matters most: remaining close to the ones we share our life journey with.
As a venture-backed Techstars company that has appeared on Shark Tank, Qeepsake has now helped over 500,000 families save over 35 million memories to-date, and is growing rapidly.
About the Role
In the role of Product Designer, you’ll be responsible for the user experience of Qeepsake’s mobile app for iOS and Android, Qeepsake’s web app, and Qeepsake Books. Specifically, you’ll be part empathetic user researcher, interactive designer, usability tester, and visual designer. You’ll be passionate about minimizing technology barriers and maximizing the fun so the whole family can get involved with capturing and telling their shared stories.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fully remote US-based team, but one that’s also tight-knit and highly collaborative. You’ll work closely with team members in Product, Analytics, Engineering, and Brand.
Successfully filling this role means you will:
- Quickly grasp business priorities, product specifications and user psychology
- Create wireframes, storyboards, polished screen designs, sitemaps and screen flows around user needs, including production-ready content
- Create high-fidelity prototypes visuals in Figma for Qeepsake features as directed
- Apply pre-existing visual design style guide across the UI you create, extending, updating, and enhancing the style guide when needed
- Conduct concept and usability testing, and iterate to enhance the user experience
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Clearly communicate design ideas and product prototypes to Engineers as directed, working to minimize misunderstandings and inefficiencies in engineering related to the work you’re teeing up
- Showcase strong creative, technical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate strong communication, time-management and process-management skills
- Demonstrate your ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and show a willingness to keep your skills and industry knowledge current
The ideal candidate will bring the following experience into the role:
- 3-5+ years of working in UX/Product Design for desktop or mobile applications, mobile and startup experience are strongly desired
- Design tech stack experience: Figma, Invision, Zeplin, Illustrator, Canva, or similar
- Experience working independently and owning an area of product design
- Strong interaction design skills—the ability to think through complex landscapes and systems to create straightforward workflows with a focus on ease-of-use and simplicity.
- Strong visual design skills as demonstrated by past projects or an online portfolio
- Experience in conducting user research to draw clear conclusions and insights about user needs
- Experience with outcomes-based product development and continuous improvement against KPIs/OKRs
- Experience contributing to design strategy and product direction
- Experience using research and data to inform design solutions
- Nice to have: Experience designing layouts for and presenting content in printed format
What are some of the benefits of working at Qeepsake?
- Ownership-culture that prioritizes mutual respect, collaboration and authenticity across all departments
- Weekly opportunities to bring insight, questions and creative solutions both within your department and to the company at large
- Ability to bring your whole, authentic, diverse, unique perspective to help fulfil our mission
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance, heavily subsidized
- PTO, holidays, and sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Stock options
- 401(k), Flexible Spending Account
- Self-learning budget
- Reimbursement for home internet & cell phone
- A budget to spruce up your home office or reimbursement for a coworking space of your choice