The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of personal experience in people’s heads, or buried in books and research papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge, and we’re building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
Quora’s Growth Sales team focuses on driving revenue impact by serving as strategic partners for our advertising customers. We’re a group of ambitious, entrepreneurial individuals spread out across three continents who love talking with our customers as well as crafting new methods to bring them more value. We strive to be experts in digital advertising, customer service, and operations and we move very quickly to get things done.
About the Role:
As the founding Customer Success Manager of Quora’s Outbound Growth Sales team, you’ll take the lead on forming strong relationships with key customers and grow your book of business over time. You’ll both execute Quora’s sales playbook as well as surface opportunities to improve it, along the way. This is a brand new team and high impact will enable opportunities to grow quickly within the organization.
- Build, manage, and grow strategic partnerships with customers in the Growth portfolio, in partnership with Account Executives
- Leverage your critical thinking, data analysis, and project management skills to help customers exceed their advertising goals on Quora
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers’ executive, operational, and agency teams while being their internal advocate
- Gain a deep understanding of our customers’ business goals and turn data into compelling stories and actionable insights to help them succeed
- Proactively identify and surface opportunities to increase our team’s operational efficiency to leadership
- Track, analyze, and communicate key quantitative metrics and business trends internally and to customers
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora’s “coordination hours” (Mon-Fri: 9 am-3 pm Pacific Time). Learn why here
- 2+ years of experience in advertising/digital media account management
- 1+ years of experience in utilizing your analytical skills to translate campaign performance data into compelling narratives that strengthen partnerships with customers
- Excellent presentation, communication, and collaboration skills as well as the ability to respectfully challenge clients on strategic decisions
- Exemplary time management skills as you’ll be given scope to manage relationships with a large book of business
- Passion for Quora’s mission and values
- Previous experience managing media spend at a business that has its own self-serve advertising platform
- Experience navigating team hierarchies within both direct clients and agencies to up-level strategic partnerships
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.