Qventus provides a real-time decision-making platform for hospital operations. Our mission is to simplify how healthcare operates, so that hospitals and caregivers can focus on delivering the best possible care to patients. We use artificial intelligence and machine learning to create products and solutions that help nurses, doctors, and hospital staff anticipate issues and make operational decisions proactively. We work with leading public, academic and community hospitals across the United States.
Qventus works with leading public, academic and community hospitals across the United States. The company was recognized by the 2019 Black Book Awards in healthcare for patient flow and by CB Insights as a 2019 top 100 Most Promising Company in Artificial Intelligence. Recently, Qventus won the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Emergency Response for the Healthcare System Innovation Challenge through its work helping health systems across the country plan for and operate in the COVID pandemic.
Qventus is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help build the next generation of Qventus’s AI. You’ll join a cross-functional team of clinicians, data scientists, data platform engineers, and product experts to help care teams make day to day decisions to get patients the right care faster and more efficiently across the country.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Qventus, you will have the opportunity to explore Qventus’ unique and rich Healthcare dataset to develop cutting edge ML based solutions. You will evaluate potential modeling approaches, build features together with data platform engineering partners, implement and operationalize algorithms with your fellow data scientists, and drive meaningful advances to the quality and breadth of our ML solutions to boost Qventus. You should be strongly motivated to have an impact in the company and dedicated to helping improve the quality of healthcare and patient outcomes. What we do can meaningfully change, and in some cases save, lives.
- Develop, ope-rationalize, and tune impactful machine learning models in the healthcare space employing a wide array of modeling and statistical techniques.
- Collaborate with Product and Clinical partners to investigate, assess, and deploy POC solutions in strategic business areas.
- Design comprehensive experiments and analytics to measure the net impact of our interventions in healthcare settings.
- Create tools and resources to improve transparency into Data Science technical architecture and increase collaboration with engineering and analytics partners.
- 5+ years research experience using a wide variety of statistical and machine learning techniques (particularly in operations research modeling, incl. MILP, Constraint Programming, etc.)
- Proven ability to work with domain experts to develop and tailor algorithmic solutions to problems in healthcare, particularly in the inpatient or perioperative settings.
- Functional knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python preferred) and SQL.
- Dedication to mentorship and growing strong collaborative data science teams.
- Interest and ability in learning and working in a fast paced dynamic environment across multiple technologies.
Nice to have’s
- 4+ years experience of relative industry experience developing, launching, and iterating on machine learning models and/or developing the core data science platform.
- Excellent SQL – hands on experience manipulating data sets, data cleaning, and pipelines
- Strong software development foundations – dedication to high code quality, stable architecture and an eye towards maintainability.
- Practical hands on experience with Natural Language Processing or Understanding techniques and productionalization.
- Practical hands on experience Deep Learning modeling techniques and infrastructure.
- Practical hands on experience with Ecosystem of data platform technologies such as: AWS Services (RDS, ECS/EKS, Lambda, S3), DBT, Snowflake, Databricks.
- Practical hands on experience with Data analytics tools (Looker preferred).
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent training / experience.
Qventus is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice which can be found here: https://qventus.com/ccpa-privacy-notice/