The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can be a part of it. We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most. The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can be a part of it. We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Basic Purpose and Objective of the Position:
The Associate Regulatory will act as a compliance representative for the Asset Protection Division’s (APD) Compliance team. This position will report to the Senior Associate Regulatory of the APD Compliance team and will assist them to provide compliance support for APD including serving as the lead for some product development compliance matters and responsibilities. The Associate Regulatory will advise the business to help them implement and enhance processes and controls that effectively and efficiently navigate regulatory requirements and meet customer expectations. The Associate Regulatory may also provide backup support for other members of the Compliance team as needed.
- Assists in developing forms for new programs, product enhancements, and updates.
- Reviews and revises service contracts, vehicle protection products, GAP forms, and other forms to ensure compliance with applicable state laws and regulatory requirements.
- Reviews and analyzes requests from business partners and provides compliance guidance in a timely manner.
- Communicates with state regulatory agencies to obtain necessary approval of products.
- Monitors changes and additions to laws, regulations, and rules impacting APD. Interprets and summarizes this information for the product, operations, and other functional groups.
- Summarizes and communicates new compliance requirements to the business.
- Works with the business to operationalize new requirements.
- Performs research and analysis of laws and regulations in response to compliance requests.
- Acts as supplemental support to assist management with identifying gaps in processes/procedures and developing solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree is required but may be substituted for 4 years of equivalent business experience.
- A minimum of 4-7 years of experience working in financial services.
- Prior experience in understanding and interpreting complex business requirements, regulatory concepts, and statutory requirements.
- Experience with implementing product and procedural enhancements.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and Adobe.
- Paralegal training and/or experience working in a law firm or for a corporate legal department.
- Prior experience in property and casualty specialty products.
- Prior experience with unique financial service products.
- Demonstrated ability to perform legal research of statutory/regulatory requirements.
- Prior experience in legal research using legal/compliance research tools and databases such as Westlaw, Lexis, and Wolters-Kluwer.
- Prior experience with SERFF filings.
Protective’s targeted salary range for this position is $55,000 to $75,000. Actual salaries may vary depending on factors, including but not limited to, job location, skills, and experience. The range listed is just one component of Protective’s total compensation package for employees.
We aim to protect our employees’ well-being through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical well-being through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect mental well-being through mental health benefits and an employee assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety of paid time away benefits (e.g., paid time off, paid parental leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We protect financial well-being through contributions to healthcare accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching. All employees are encouraged to protect their overall well-being by engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective’s platform to improve well-being while earning cash rewards. Eligibility for certain benefits may vary by position in accordance with the terms of the Company’s benefit plans.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees are able to fully contribute and thrive. Our goal is to grow and develop our people, attract diverse talent and support strong, diverse communities. We support diversity, equity, and inclusion by working to develop a culture of inclusion and belonging led by leaders who develop potential and embrace unique skills and abilities. Our aim is to create an equitable and accountable environment for all leaders and employees that will drive performance and impact business strategy. In this way, we can increase overall diversity for leadership roles and pipelines of talent by maturing our hiring practices, robust development opportunities, and focus on the retention of key talent. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.