Lumanu is building the financial infrastructure for the creator economy. With Lumanu, businesses can automate payments to their creative talent – allowing them to work with freelancers and influencers anywhere in the world. Lumanu is uniquely positioned as a B2B2C platform that enables creators to work seamlessly with creative businesses, platforms, and brands
Today, the rise of remote work and modern tools has led to an unprecedented growth in the number of creators that make a living in new, flexible ways as well as businesses that work with creators – agencies, platforms, and brands. However, payments in the creator economy are a huge pain for the 86M creators and 120K businesses that pay them because of – vendor / payable process, tax compliance cia W9, W8, 1099, and accounting reconciliations. Each time a business transaction happens, payment is involved along with compliance, accounting, and tax implications for all parties in the transaction – and existing solutions do not address these pain points as they treat individual creators as vendors.
Lumanu is a vertically integrated platform that helps businesses and creators to resolve pain points related to payouts and compliance, including embedded financing for easy cash flow. Lumanu builds technology that makes doing business in the creator economy easy, collaborative, and fun. For creators – it takes the hassle out of the hustle by empowering them with easy tools to “get paid”. For businesses – it allows them to work with creators, and freelancers globally while handling payouts, compliance, vendor onboarding, and accounting flows; without disrupting their current workflow.
And with access to Early Pay, Lumanu supports creators and businesses with embedded financing to manage cash flows and net payment terms. With Lumanu, Payouts and Getting Paid have never been easier for the creator economy with Lumanu.
About The Role
We’re looking for a Payment Operations Manager to help Lumanu operationalize and scale our payments & financial service offerings. You’ll be working closely with the leadership, product, and operation teams to execute payment operations to help us scale. If you enjoy the hustle and scrappiness of a start-up, if you enjoy being in the weeds as much as building processes and a team; this role would be an ideal fit! And you get to shape our product and technology!!!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work closely with members of the Payment Ops team to carry out and improve our payment processing capabilities, including researching deposits, disbursing funds, and reconciling funds
- Support the execution of the EarlyPay program and work closely with the product team to scale this business
- Assist in the overall program risk and compliance of payments, including identifying fraud, monitoring credit constraints, and preventing fraud
- Build metrics and quantitative analysis to drive operational excellence while improving our efficiency and scale
- Track the financial performance of payments products and identify new monetization opportunities
- Identify new automation or other business enhancement opportunities and work cross-functionality to bring them to life
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in leading or building a payments operations team in a startup environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. SQL knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to incorporate both qualitative and quantitative data into their analysis and work towards impactful solutions
- Strong communication skills and an ability to collaborate with others to deliver top-notch experiences
- Comfort with ambiguity and an ability to bring clarity to complex challenges
- Enjoys rolling up their sleeves to get stuff done and thinking strategically about how to improve processes and business results
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Bonus: You have a background in payments at a payments company, online merchant, or marketplace-focused business
- Competitive Pay & Stock Options
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work & flexible hours
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
Note that we cannot sponsor visas at this time.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.