Remote Senior Invoicing Analyst
✨ One platform, a whole world of opportunity
Right now, the best jobs are limited to people in a handful of the world’s wealthiest cities, yet brilliant people are everywhere. Driven to overturn the status quo and distribute opportunities equally around the world, Oyster launched its global employment platform to help companies hire, pay, and care for talent anywhere.
When it comes to global employment, we walk the walk. We’re proof that companies don’t need an office to create a highly-engaged culture. Since the company’s inception in January 2020, Oyster has:
Created a fully-distributed, vibrant team of 500+ employees across 60+ countries 🌈 Established a diverse leadership team and an employee base that’s 60% female 🏆 Achieved one of the highest employee engagement scores in its class 🦄 Raised $150 million in Series C funding at a valuation of over $1 billion!
Our momentum speaks to the power of global employment—and we’re just getting started! If you want to change the world with Oyster and be empowered to work remotely while doing so, we’d love for you to apply!
👩💻 The Role
Location: While this position is posted in a specific location, all of Oyster’s positions are fully remote and you can work from home. Forever.
To create the best experience for our new hire (you?!) this role does require that you are based within -5 / +5 UTC timezones
We are seeking an Invoicing Analyst to join our team. The Invoicing Analyst will be responsible for managing Oyster’s invoicing process, ensuring timely and accurate invoices are sent to clients. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in finance and accounting, excellent analytical skills, and experience working with invoicing systems.
You will be able to take ownership of the invoicing process and drive process improvements. This position will take a proactive approach and be able to identify areas for improvement and implement changes. The ability to work collaboratively with internal teams and stakeholders is crucial for success in this role.
What you’ll do…
- Manage the invoicing process from start to finish, ensuring timely and accurate invoices are sent to clients each month
- Analyze billing data to identify and resolve discrepancies, errors, or missing information.
- Run advanced reconciliations requiring data manipulation & standardization to identify billing gaps & then work to implement solutions for both manual & automated improvements
- Work closely with internal teams such as product, engineering, payroll operations, customer success, and accounting to ensure all invoicing information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Provide regular reports on invoicing performance to management and other stakeholders.
- Support vendor issue resolution activities by communicating with vendors, conducting root cause analysis, coordinating with internal teams and documenting resolution.
- As a subject matter expert, assist the finance success team in addressing client inquiries
- Constantly seek a deep understanding of the business and keep pace with updates in a dynamic environment.
What we’re looking for 📜
- 4+ years of experience in Finance Operations (including Financial Accounting, Data Analytics, and Financial Analysis)
- Active accounting or accounting-equivalent qualification (eg. ACCA, CPA, CIMA)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify trends and patterns in financial data
- Experience in using BI tools like Tableau, Power BI, and QlikView for data analysis and visualization
- Advanced Excel abilities (sumif, index match, etc). Experience with Power Automate preferred
- Process oriented with the ability to quickly understand a process & improve upon it
- Exposure to operating on tight deadlines & working with numerous stakeholders
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced environment & a passion for learning new things
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and priorities.
You’ll also need…
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one)
- Fluent English language skills
- A passion for Oyster & what we’re building!
How we work together at Oyster
Our values guide the work we do, the decisions we make, and the culture that makes us special. We elevate talent. 🙌 We build trust. 🤝 We thrive together. 🌍
Our mission is to create a more equal world—one global hire at a time. Everything we do ladders up to our mission—and that doesn’t just mean building software. We develop programs, participate in workshops, and create dedicated teams to ensure we successfully support companies and knowledge workers in this new world of work.
We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work—and we share how we work in the Oyster Public HQ —to help other global teams learn from our experiences.
💌 How YOU work
Different countries have different statutory benefits, different cultures have different norms, and different people have different needs! In order to best support and encourage our diverse team, we’ve created How YOU Work; a program of policies, practices, and perks to support your whole human experience as an employee at Oyster.
- Work from anywhere: Oyster is a borderless, HQ-less company. As long as your work gets done on time, your team has the support they need, and you’re authorized to work where you live, the world is truly your Oyster.
- Paid time off: We’re all about taking breaks—we all need it. Oyster provides employees with 40 days off each year, which includes public/bank holidays and vacation/holiday leave (unless your country mandates more).
- Mental health support: We consider your mental health a top priority. We offer access to Plumm, a mental well-being service, to support your mental health.
- Wellbeing allowance: Each month, Oyster will top up your Juno wallet with a well-being allowance. Juno Points can be applied to anything that helps you show up to work as your best self, whether that’s your internet bill, a class, gym membership, or houseplants. The choices are endless!
- Flexible parental leave: Families are created in lots of different ways. Our parental leave policy applies to all employees who are becoming parents, regardless of how they become a parent. Oysters are eligible for a minimum of three months of paid parental leave and your job will be held for 12 months (or longer if required by local jurisdiction).
- WFH stipend: $3000 stipend to spend on your laptop and any other equipment you need for your home office; we’ll get you up and running in no time!
✨ The best jobs should be available to everyone
At Oyster, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences and we’ve intentionally built our product and our company with an inclusive, global mindset. We know from experience that people from underrepresented groups often don’t apply for roles they don’t feel they meet all the criteria for. We’re committed to elevating talent by creating a trust-based environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We’d love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
Oyster is committed to ensuring equal opportunity of employment for qualified persons with disabilities and actively fosters an inclusive work environment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Interview Accommodations if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.