MEGA The Privacy Company provides global services from its Head Office in New Zealand. Built with Privacy by Design, MEGA provides a range of zero-knowledge encrypted cloud storage and communication solutions for individuals and businesses.
We launched in 2013 and have grown to an international team of more than 200 people who are motivated by next-generation technology and design, supporting over 290 million registered users on our desktop and mobile apps across all major platforms.
About this role
As a Senior iOS Engineer at MEGA, you will design, develop, and maintain our iOS application through robust, testable, and scalable code. Part of a global team of engineers, you will partner with, and report to, the iOS Team Lead to contribute to code reviews, engineering guidelines, and the mentoring of your junior-level colleagues.
Given our commitment to zero-knowledge encryption, the adoption of cutting-edge technologies, and our massive user base, this is a dynamic and challenging space to work in where your voice will be heard and your skills put to good use.
You’ll make your mark at MEGA by:
- Engineering high-performance, high-capacity code for the iOS ecosystem that is concise, testable, and adheres to our strict security and privacy standards
- Encouraging growth and engagement within your team through mentorship and knowledge-sharing, helping to build a work environment in which engineers thrive
- Drawing from cutting-edge methodology to contribute to established engineering practices and our technical infrastructure, improving overall reliability and efficiency
- Address persistent pain points and bottlenecks by reducing technical debt, efficiently leveraging tools, and automating manual processes where possible
- Collaborate with the Product, Design, and QA teams to produce seamless, consistent user experiences for our massive userbase
Please note that we run an asynchronous, hybrid-remote model at MEGA, and this role may require early-morning or late-night availability as you work alongside staff in different time zones.
You’re a hands-on engineer who enjoys building world-class, technically robust products with clean, efficient code. A self-starter, you proactively identify problems and inefficiencies and seek to resolve them. You have a real passion for the industry and a keen awareness of the latest trends, technologies, and approaches; you enjoy sharing this knowledge and empowering your colleagues to work as a highly productive, close-knit team.
Also, you have:
- 5+ years of experience in software development in a commercial context
- Solid understanding of CS fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- A proven track record of producing clean code, and high-level familiarity with MVVM & VIPER architecture patterns
- Proficiency in the Swift language and iOS ecosystem
- Exposure to, or professional interest in, the SwiftUI & Combine technologies Demonstrable experience in this area would be of great advantage to your application
- Skill with iOS concurrent programming
Ideally, you hold at least a Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline.
Location: Remote. Preferred locations are Asia-Pacific, Europe or New Zealand.
Job type: Permanent, full-time.
What MEGA offers
Along with a flexible working policy, a deliberate culture of internal development, and top-of-the-line tools, you will enjoy a competitive remuneration package.
This is a stable role within a secure but dynamic industry, providing the opportunity to work with passionate people at the forefront of their field.
With attentive leadership and an emphasis on innovation, you’ll grow alongside MEGA as we continue to cement our industry-leading position.
MEGA will also consider assisting candidates who wish to relocate to New Zealand, where our head office is located.