Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access.
1 in 4 people in the US has a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. That’s why Headway is building the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April 2019 and are now powering 200,000+ appointments per month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact.
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll have the opportunity to own design for our Provider (Therapist) product here at Headway and help define strategy and build delightful product experiences.
- Own and lead design for our provider product while contributing to evolving our product vision
- Grow the design team and function at Headway
- Partner with product and engineering to build products from zero to one that help therapists manage their practice, connect physicians’ patients to affordable mental health care, and match people to the right therapist
- Craft thoughtful, high-quality designs and prototypes
- Partner with a product to run user research for key insights
You will love this role if:
- You have 3+ years of experience in a design role building products, ideally in a fast-paced environment
- You have experience with Figma, Sketch, or other design tools
- You are strong in visual and interaction design with a portfolio that highlights this
- You are empathetic: you are eager to see the world from your users’ perspective
- You’re energized by ambiguity & a self-starter: you love to drive the direction of ambiguous projects
- You are motivated by our mission. We are working to solve the biggest problems in mental health care today (access and affordability)
We believe a team’s strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem – across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from our NYC HQ.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and/or receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.