Website Offchain Labs
Offchain Labs is building a suite of scaling solutions for Ethereum. This includes Arbitrum, an Optimistic Rollup, that instantly scales apps, reducing costs and increasing capacity, without sacrificing Ethereum’s security. Porting contracts to Arbitrum requires no code changes or downloads since it’s compatible with existing Ethereum developer languages and tooling.
Arbitrum today is the leading Ethereum scaling solution with a dominant market share including hundreds of apps on the platform and over 50% of all rollup liquidity. Our team is extremely passionate and works tirelessly to bridge the gap between what blockchain is and what blockchain can be. We strive to maintain an atmosphere that fosters innovation and new ideas through collaboration, research, and deep discussions. After raising an initial round of $3.8M in seed funding in January 2019 and a $20M series A, as well as a $100M series B in 2021, we are ready to hire additional team members that have an interest in working in the blockchain space and a knack for approaching problems in unconventional ways In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing our community and understanding why they do use or don’t use our product, Arbitrum.
You will gather quantitative and qualitative data and then synthesize that data into insights about user behavior and needs. You will work directly with our Product Design Lead. Your findings will shape the future direction of our product. This is a contractor role with the potential to turn into full-time.
What You’ll Do:
- Create robust and thorough user research plans for answering the most important questions to aid in product development
- Execute those research plans; find interviewees (not trivial in web3 because we don’t track accounts or emails), schedule interviews, compile interview results; build a Jobs To Be Done framework for key user demographics
- You’ll work directly with our Product Design Lead to bring data to help solve ambiguous problems. Some of your work will also feed into the Marketing team to guide their decisions.
- Have 3-5 UXR calls per week with current, former, or potential users of Arbitrum
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Statistics, Psychology, Anthropology, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience in an applied research setting or similar.
- Experience with research design utilizing various methods (e.g., usability studies, contextual inquiry, surveys, etc.).
- Relevant product research experience, either in an end-to-end, usability, or generative setting.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Proficiency in communicating user research findings with cross-functional partners to drive impact.
- Understanding of Web3 ecosystems
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in developing and improving Arbitrum. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal-opportunity workplace.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.