Website Space and Time
At Space and Time, we are solving Web3’s toughest data analytics challenges at a planetary scale with decentralized, peer-to-peer technology. We are building the data foundation of Web3: a fully decentralized and community-operated data warehouse, using novel cryptography to connect tamperproof query results directly to smart contracts. This enables joining trustless on-chain and off-chain data in a single platform, allowing Web3 developers to build new use cases quickly.
Our team is growing fast, backed by the top L1 blockchains and VCs, as well as enterprise partners such as Microsoft and Samsung NEXT. A career at Space and Time is lucrative, fast-paced, and very creative. We value you (and all your ideas) like family and we bring an endless supply of perks. This includes flexible workweeks + flexible vacation, add-on bonuses for hard work, we attend exciting events/conferences/parties, we’re headquartered on the beach near LA (but don’t mind you working remotely), and most importantly- we provide analytics technology to the largest dApps, DAOs, DeFi/DEXs, GameFi, NFT platforms, enterprises, etc.
We are committed to growing a diverse and welcoming team in a safe space to be yourself and learn from the most innovative minds in blockchain and data warehousing. Help us invent the first truly decentralized data platform! As the Head of our Web3/Blockchain/Oracles Engineering team, you will lead highly skilled engineers responsible for developing a dApp interoperability platform and backend to Web3.
You will focus on hosted cloud analytics infrastructure for major blockchains, multichain or cross-chain smart contract frameworks, tamperproof blockchain indexing techniques, and proprietary zkSNARK-like proofing mechanisms. You will partner with internal and external teams to build and scale dApps on top of our data platform.
This team is responsible for building the integrations between our decentralized data warehouse and major blockchains via oracle networks, which will also be used for query validation and network management. In addition, you’ll be defining Web3 analytics challenges that supporting teams will help solve. This role is vital to our organization and will report to the executive and senior engineering leadership.
- Grow the team by recruiting, interviewing, and hiring new team members
- Sourcing experienced web3 engineers and building training to onboard web2 full-stack engineers to web3
- Leading architecture development, and execution all the way to main net and beyond.. focusing on SLAs/scale that pushes the bounds of Web3
- Integrating our data platform with the web3 stack (MetaMask, Web.js, Hardhat, OpenZeppelin, Filecoin, Oracle Networks, multichain smart contracts, etc)
- Develop a vision and strategy for the product portfolio and management execution with regard to dApp data acquisition and blockchain-focused data acquisition
- You will be developing innovative techniques to anchor data to blockchains via smart contracts as well as to index/read from blockchains via tamperproof RPC calls.
- Building tools, platforms, and database integrations to turn a blockchain-secured data/analytics platform into a user-facing hosted cloud solution
- Codifying best practices for future reuse in the form of accessible, reusable patterns, templates, and code bases to facilitate metadata capturing and management
- Managing a team of software engineers writing new code to build bigger, better, faster, and more optimized analytics tools for Web3
- Interacting with the exec team and senior engineering leadership to define, prioritize, and ensure smooth deployments with other operational components
- Highly engaged with industry trends within Web3 (as well as analytics domain / distributed database domain)
- Understand how data and analytics use cases across Web3 and major blockchains can be optimized through cluster-compute of SQL at an extreme scale, on a global decentralized p2p network
- Develop the future leaders of Space and Time by providing continuous mentorship, coaching, and growth opportunities.
- Foster a culture of creativity and innovation while also promoting practical/agile decision-making
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field. Masters or PhD a plus.
- 8+ years experience engineering software with a few years at a leading Web3 org
- 3+ years experience leading/growing high-performance software eng teams
- A track record of recruiting and leading technical teams in a demanding talent market
- Rock-solid engineering fundamentals
- Knowledge of blockchain indexing, web3 stack, consensus mechanisms, etc
- Experience with rapid development cycles in a web-based environment
- Strong scripting and test automation knowledgePassionate about Web3, blockchain, decentralization, and a base understanding of how data/analytics plays into this
- Ability to engage senior business leaders and translate between the needs of the business and the demands of / capacities of technology
- If Remote, willing to let us fly you into Southern California to meet with the leadership team up to once a month (to connect in person for a few days)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Space and Time, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Space and Time are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics
- Ultra competitive salaries Medical, dental, and vision insurance, disability/life insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Aggressive bonus structure and RSUs
- Very flexible PTO, paid holidays, and flexible workweeks
- Very flexible remote work options
- A massive list of perks including discretionary add-on bonuses for hard work, and attending exciting events/conferences/parties, we’re headquartered on the beach near LA (but don’t mind you working remotely)
Space and Time is an EOE and is committed to building a diverse team
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.